Advertiser: The Social DeckMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Sunshine Coast
- $100,000 - $119,999 + flexible work arrangements
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Other
A new opportunity exists for a Communication Lead to join The Social Deck team. We’re looking for a new team member with extensive experience in planning for and delivering government campaigns and communications to take on a lead communications role in our boutique communication, engagement and behaviour change agency.
You’ll have job flexibility in the hours and location you work (the location is flexible and you can work remotely from anywhere in Australia). You will need to be happy to work on a range of different projects and tasks, at varying levels which can change depending on the needs of The Social Deck and our clients. You can expect that each week will look different, and we are looking for someone who is an excellent planner and project manager but who thrives on the unknown.
We are an inclusive employer and encourage applications from people with a range of experiences, from any cultural background, a person with disability, and/or of any age.
If you have experience delivering strategy for and with government agencies, are highly organised, can move between many projects and are committed to social change, we’re looking for you.
A bit about us
We’re about 7 years old and we’re an agency set up to make a positive difference in the community.
Our head office is based in Noosa, QLD, but we work nationally across a wide range of areas including public health, education, social services and environmental issues.
We work on a range of diverse projects, which means the work is always interesting. Take a look at our website for projects we have undertaken to get a good understanding of the work we do.
We are a small collaborative team passionate about the work we do and the communities we work within.
We are also a proud B-corp certified business, so you’ll be working with an agency that values the power of business to achieve positive impact. Our company, and all employees, adhere to strict financial, governance and environmental standards and responsibilities.
About the role
We are looking for someone with at least 10 years experience in communication, stakeholder engagement or a similar industry.
The position will involve:
- Leading campaign and communication strategy development and implementation for a range of clients and subject areas.
- Applying behaviour change research and techniques to development of communication strategies and resources.
- Writing and editing.
- Overseeing some event coordination.
- Working across our communication, production and engagement teams to coordinate projects.
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Giving high-level strategic communication advice to clients.
- Mentoring team members.
- Reporting to and working very closely with our Managing Director / Director of Communications.
- Being part of the leadership team and contributing to staff management, planning and business development (business development KPIs will be established as part of the employment contract).
This will be a challenging but rewarding role working in a fast paced, growing agency. Salary will be negotiated based on experience in conjunction with 10% superannuation.
We need a new team member who can start early in 2021. We are open to remote work from home options or someone based in Noosa.
Interested? Here’s what to do next…
If you are interested in applying for this position, apply via Seek by Friday 22 January 2021.
Please include your resume and a 2 page cover letter outlining:
- how your experience directly relates to the position duties listed above
- what specific skills you have that you think would make you the best fit for the position
- why you’re interested in the position and working for The Social Deck.
Don’t be shy, call us if you want to know more…
If you would like to discuss the role, phone our office on 0491 617 118 and we will arrange for one of our Directors to give you a call.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years' of corporate communications experience do you have?