BI Designer/Reporting Architect
Advertiser: Penguin Random House3.5172 out of 53.5 overall rating (29 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Business/Systems Analysts
At Penguin Random House Australia, we strive to be the best home for our authors and people, the most service oriented partner for our customers and to put readers at the centre of everything we do.
An opportunity now exists for a customer focused BI Designer/Reporting Architect to join the IT team in our North Sydney office. Reporting to the Business System Manager, you will be responsible for providing technical, analytical and service support across the company’s applications portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operation of SAP Business Objects and underlying databases
- Work with BI Strategy and Architecture team to understand the design and model to incorporate the design in Business Objects
- Streamlining & automating processes understanding business question/requirements while ensuring information accuracy and speed of delivery
- Own the Tableau environment, including technical design, configuration, and maintenance.
- Develop and deliver Tableau dashboards from business requirements
- Liaise and maintain effective relationships with external development partners and associates across the applications portfolio
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering and/or computing (preferable)
- Strong BO Universe designer skills to design the semantic layer for operational reporting requirements and aggregated data marts.
- Advanced level in creation of Tableau BI solutions
- Ability to own and maintain the Tableau architecture with varied data sources and connection methods including Tableau Bridge
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills across tightly integrated systems
- Basic database support with expertise in SQL Scripting (MS SQL Server)
- An understanding of standard systems development lifecycle processes
- A strong understanding of MS Office Products
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an exceptional customer focus
Please note this is a permanent role that requires applicants to be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Due to large volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Penguin Random House is committed to providing a workplace and culture that values diversity and inclusion across all levels of the business. We recognise and acknowledge the contribution of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. This includes, however is not limited to, differences in gender, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, family status and disability.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?