AM & PM Operations
Advertiser: Mainfreight3 out of 53.0 overall rating (55 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Mainfreight is in the business of global supply chain logistics. Put simply, we partner with our customers to provide the full spectrum of Warehousing, Domestic Transport and International Air and Ocean Freight services. Our operations are powered by a global team of more than 8,700 passionate people, world-class technology and a can-do attitude. We currently operate in 290 branches across 26 countries. We are one big family, and we are fiercely protective of our deep-rooted identity. Instead of embracing popular corporate conventions, we protect and nurture the unique culture, character and individuality that sets us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for experienced energetic and enthusiastic team members for our Operations Team, working on either our AM or PM shifts. The main responsibilities are unloading/loading/freight checking for our local and interstate linehaul vehicles at our Newcastle depot. The role requires people to be agile, adaptive and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with safety in mind at all times. If successful, this role will open future opportunities within Mainfreight.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading and Unloading Linehaul Units
- Loading and Unloading Local Pick-up and Delivery Trucks
- Manual sorting of parcels
- Checking freight in and out of the depot
- Manifesting of consignments
- Load Restraint
- General housekeeping duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in loading/unloading interstate/PUD trucks (not essential)
- Forklift licence
- Ability to sort freight by state and postcode
- Ability to make educated decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Team focused and dedicated
- Must have a "Can do attitude"
- Job security
- Ongoing internal training
- Promote from within philosophy
- Annual salary reviews
- A great team environment and company culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this role, please submit your application by clicking on the "Apply" button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current forklift licence?