Advertiser: Makibe Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement & Inventory
If you are passionate about keeping manufacturing alive in Australia, then this is the place to work. We love what we do and are proud to be one of the leading manufacturing companies left in Australia.
Our client is a ISO9001 Quality Endorsed Diverse Engineering Company.
As part of their ISO endorsement, they offer services such as Design, Toolmaking, General Machining, CNC Milling, CNC Turning, Sheetmetal, Fabrication etc. The company is based in Moorebank, South West Sydney.
We are looking for a competent Estimator to assist our Manufacturing facility.
The person’s primary role is to ensure that all estimates are completed accurately and in a timely manner and if successful, lead the procurement of Material and Consumables prior to commencement of the work, as well as the management of sub-contracting companies (laser cutting, heat treating etc).
You will need to have good communication skills as you will be dealing with a wide range of people and companies. Your Time Management skills will need to be on point as will your Reliability and Commitment to the job.
You need to be a quick thinker and enjoy troubleshooting. Most of this can be resolved by working with our team of experts.
The successful candidate must satisfy the following:
- Trade Qualification as a Fitter Machinist or Toolmaker
- Knowledge of how to machine and fabricate a job including how long each process should take
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Minimum 10 years, experience on the tools
- Experience in creating BOM’s
- Experience in Purchasing and Supplier Management
- Able to use Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel and Project.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in Australia
- Experience in using MRP software (We use M1)
If you are ready to take the next step in your working life and are passionate about contributing to a great team, then we want to hear from you.
To apply please click on the “Apply” link or forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will remain private and confidential.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- Do you have fabrication experience?
- Do you have experience using Microsoft Excel?
- Do you have experience with inventory management?