Advertiser: Natural Wonders Early LearningMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Kitchen & Sandwich Hands
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Kitchen Assistant to join our team to support and work in partnership with the Chef and Centre Director. Our goal is providing healthy and nutritious meals to the children in our care. We are a brand new state of the art Childcare Centre situated in the heart of North Rockhampton, catering for 108 children a day.
- Prepare and provide nutritionally balanced and appropriate meals for all children, taking into consideration their individual dietary requirements and allergies
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to in the kitchen, including food preparation and servicing areas
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness, ensuring that general day to day procedures are followed
- Interact and engage with all children and families, building meaningful relationships.
- Maintain a positive and motivated work ethic in the kitchen and with all team members
- Work collaboratively with other team members on a range of projects unique to this service
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a commercial kitchen preparing food for a large number of people/children
- Sound experience and up to date knowledge of food regulations and record keeping
- Hold a Queensland Working with Children card (Blue card)
- A Food Safety Certificate (would be advantageous, but not necessary)
Flexible rosters and great working conditions are on offer.