Control Systems Engineer
Advertiser: Ascent Vision Technologies AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Other
AVT Australia, a CACI company, specialises in the design and production of lightweight camera gimbal systems. Our world-leading camera systems operate in a range of defence and commercial applications including airborne surveillance, ground based counter drone systems, marine vessel camera systems, ground vehicle camera systems and many more.
Our rapidly expanding Research and Development team is built around a group of industry leading talent and leadership. Engineering disciplines include Mechanical, Electronics, Software, Control Systems and AI, working together to develop our expanding range of products and systems. We combine a fundamental belief in excellence, a passion for our work and a down-to-earth, easy-going team nature to build a truly rewarding workplace experience.
Our office is located within walking distance to Queen Victoria Market and Flagstaff Station. We offer great working conditions, fun atmosphere and believe in a positive work-life balance. Simply put, we believe your job should add meaning to your life, not consume it!
About the role:
You will join the Control Systems team and work on gyro-stabilised camera systems. This covers a wide range of key technology areas ranging from dynamic motion and control, low level firmware development, GUI development and various R&D activities.
You will apply theoretical knowledge and practical experience to contribute to the ongoing development of the control systems. You typical tasks include:
- Design, implement, manage and optimise control loops
- Troubleshoot and continuously improve existing systems
- Design and run experiments
- Create and perform MATLAB/Simulink simulations
- Conduct field testing and data collection
- Analyse data
- Working closely with the software engineering team to ensure readable and reusable code
- Collaborate with the hardware team to develop highly stable systems
- Work with the production team to ensure high quality products
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Degree in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering / or an Engineering degree with a major in Control Systems
- High degree of knowledge in control theory in areas such as feedback controller design, discrete control theory, frequency domain analysis, system identification, optimal control laws, and digital filtering design.
- Proven ability to apply control theory into practice
- Good mathematical knowledge
- Proficient with C,C++,C#
- Proficient with MATLAB
- Data analysis and manipulation with MATLAB
- Control simulation with Simulink
- Experience in motor control systems
- The ability to work autonomously and quickly adapt to changing technical/business requirements
- A good team player who can perform hands-on tasks
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Additional experience or knowledge in the following areas would be highly regarded:
- Good understanding of gyroscopes and IMUs
- Knowledge in sensor fusion algorithms
- Knowledge in kinematics, 3D orientation and motion mathematics
- Strong foundation in digital signal processing
- Knowledge in data science
- Experience in working with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Experience with Git
- Experience in aerospace, defence or other high-reliability engineering environment
Applicants must have full work rights in Australia. Compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable to this role. Applicants must be able to obtain National Police and other related security clearances that apply to the role.