MEAT INDUSTRY WORKERS - TAMWORTH
Advertiser: Thomas Foods International2.7556 out of 52.8 overall rating (45 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2021
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Attractive above award pay rates as per current EA
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Assembly & Process Work
Benefits and Perks
- Direct, Full Time employment
- Attractive, above award pay rates in accordance with TFIT Production Employees Enterprise Agreement 2019
- On the job training provided
- Regular career development opportunities
- Excellent WHS culture
- Internal promotions encouraged
- Attractive work hours and roster flexibility
About the Role
Due to an increase in stock availability and production increases, we are looking for experienced and entry level meat process workers to join the team at our Tamworth facility. These permanent, full time positions are 40 hours per week, with production running from Monday to Saturday with additional overtime when required and paid in addition to the already attractive hourly rate.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Packing and sorting tasks
- Trimming and cutting tasks
- Boning and slicing tasks
- Chiller pushing
- Floor labouring roles
- Slaughter floor general labouring
- Carton room labouring/operation
- Stock receival/movement
- General labouring tasks
- General warehousing tasks
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in the meat processing/agricultural industry is favoured but not essential
- Ability to perform work safely under limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as individually
- Current Driver's Licence is preferred, but not essential
A 100% Australian owned and operated Company, Thomas Foods International Tamworth (TFIT) is an industry leader in the small stock processing industry. The plant is one of three meat processing facilities owned and operated by Thomas Foods International and produces lamb & sheep products for domestic and export sale across 80 countries.
Our mission is to feed families globally, through premium quality products, exceptional service, high safety standards and sustainable practices.
Please note, all shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment Health Assessment and Drug Test.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?