Customer Service Officer - Government
Advertiser: Probe Group2.629 out of 52.6 overall rating (62 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Entry level hrly rate + super + no wkds/evenings
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Other
About the role:
Unique, fast paced, high volume inbound customer service role working on behalf of a government client where no two days are the same.
Highly rewarding training @ North Richmond, Melbourne. Central location and currently remote work from home after 4 weeks training in office.
Please note, you must be able to commute and work in the office if required.
- Multiple full time positions available across various intakes
- Working week: Monday to Friday
- Hours: 8 AM to 6.15 PM (rotating roster) - no evening or weekend work!
- Start Date: Commencing mid Feb 2021 onwards until 30th April 2021 - with view to extend
On a daily basis, you will be providing high-level customer service and building rapport as the first point of contact in assisting customers with an important aspect of their lives.
- Determine the best way to provide accurate and detailed information to customers
- Use of internal comprehensive computer systems while maintaining and updating records
- Adhering to compliance policies
- Meet key performance indicators focusing on quality and efficiency metrics
- Requires focus and high attention to detail throughout the 4 week training period
- Decipher vague extensive information + summarise
What’s in it for you:
- Base hourly rate + opportunity to earn additional on target earnings
- Represent one of the most important organisations in the Government finance sector
- An exuberant workplace with a vibrant culture alive with fun, positivity and a supportive team
- Range of career development opportunities for eligible staff across a variety of specialised roles from leadership, training, quality, admin, HR, IT and recruitment
- Best in class rewards and recognition program with a plethora of cash and other awards across a range of individual and team competitions based on performance, dress ups and fun activities galore
- Potential to expand your experience across a variety of roles across multiple channels (i.e. telephony, processing etc) and multiple products for professional development
- Training in Richmond (great central location, close to public transport, discounted secure parking, plenty of lunch/take away options); Currently work from home after that
What you’ll need:
- Exceptional customer service skills with an ability to build rapport quickly and effectively as well as be able to empathise and manage sensitive customer interactions
- Clear and concise communication skills both written & verbally
- Tech savvy & the ability to learn and upskill in new systems, technologies and products
- Great time management skills, positive resilient attitude with a desire to work hard
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills along with an ability to multitask multiple enquiries
Only apply if you meet the below criteria:
- Hold Australian Citizenship
- Have lived in Australia for the last 5 consecutive years (5 year footprint)
- Be willing and eligible to obtain a security clearance to the level applicable
Please note that while this role is currently a work from home opportunity, this may be subject to change to an in-office role within the Melbourne CBD pending government updates.
Due to the current climate, we are receiving a high volume of applications. Regardless, we promise to provide you with an outcome on your application. We want to know who you are beyond your CV. If shortlisted, you will be contacted via email to complete an online interview. We encourage you to keep an eye on your emails including your junk and spam folders.
If you're looking for a job that offers a challenge, fun incentives, you're helping others and no two days are the same, then apply now.
Our four week comprehensive training will kick off soon - so get in quick!