Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Abundance HRMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
MARRICKVILLE, SYDNEY NSW
SALARY TO $170,000 + SUPER + MOTOR VEHICLE + SALARY PACKAGING
NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation (AbSec) is the NSW Aboriginal child and family peak organisation, working to empower Aboriginal children, young people, families and communities impacted by the child protection system, as well as support a quality Aboriginal community controlled child and family sector to deliver needed supports in Aboriginal communities across the state. AbSec provides child protection and out‐of‐home care policy advice on issues affecting Aboriginal children, young people, families and carers, and we are informed by our membership base and community to ensure that Aboriginal viewpoints are included in government policy and reform directions.
AbSec has recently undergone a period of renewal and is seeking a new CEO to focus strongly on advocacy and programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, highly skilled CEO with outstanding advocacy skills and drive to make a real difference to Aboriginal children, young people, families and communities.
In this role you will report directly to Board of Directors and, in consultation with the sector, develop and implement an AbSec advocacy strategy to effect real change.
The key objectives of the role also include to:
- Develop and maintain key stakeholder relationships within the sector;
- Develop and implement key programs and provide support to member organisations;
- Oversee all functions within the organisation and provide direction and guidance to the organisation as a whole;
- Lead the development of the AbSec Philanthropic program; and
- Ensure and contribute to the operational and strategic decision-making process and provide authoritative advice to the Board of Directors in relation to operational matters and company performance.
An understanding of Aboriginal issues and the importance of cultural connections for Aboriginal children, young people, families and communities is essential as is extensive experience in management at a senior leadership level, preferably with an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation.
If you also have:
- Aboriginality with a demonstrated understanding of the issues facing Aboriginal families in the delivery of quality services to meet outcomes for children in a sustainable and viable way.
- Tertiary qualification in Community Services, Communication, Management, Finance, Health or similar discipline
- Outstanding advocacy skills with a proven record of results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning and achievement of strategic objectives
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring an effective management system, policy and procedure framework and financial system for an organisation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and in partnership with a Board of Directors to achieve organisational objectives
- High level of computer literacy; sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances such as National Police Check, Working with Children clearance etc.
We would love to hear from you.
A generous salary of up to $170,000 plus superannuation, motor vehicle, mobile telephone and laptop is available. As a non-profit organisation AbSec can provide salary packaging benefits meaning you increase your take home pay.
Application is via maximum 2-page cover letter summarising how you meet the selection criteria and a resume no more than 4 pages long.
Applications close at 9am on Monday, 1 February 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?