Advertiser: REAL Support ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Rockhampton & Capricorn Coast
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Are you keen on 'Empowering Individuals to Empower Themselves'? Interested in supporting an organisation to 'Reach Out, at the Right time, with the Right support'? Are you Resilient? Strive for Excellence? Adaptive? Conscientious? Hands-on? Then we would love to hear from you!
REAL Support Facilitators work with clients in homes, residential placements, and within the community, focusing on youth and family interventions. REAL Support Facilitators work with clients of diverse backgrounds and ages, and are experienced with dealing with complex to extreme behaviours. At Real Support Services, we aim to 'Reach Out, at the Right time, with the Right Support'. We implement tailored supports and a client centred approach to address individual needs.
We are currently hiring for the following position:
As a REAL Support Facilitator, some of your responsibilities and duties include (but are not limited to):
- Work weekday and weekend hours as is necessary for case needs; including an ability to provide overnight support as respite when requested; evenings and mornings also.
- Work in a range of environments; in homes, in the community, with other organisations
- Work with a range of clients; parents, young people, kinship/foster carers, Department of Child Safety, Residential Service Providers, other
- Follow case goals and plans as directed by your supervisor to deliver client centred outcomes
- Reporting; following policy and legislative requirements. Detailed written reports with strengths based approach
- Provide on call support and emergency response where case requires, with support from your supervisor
- Implement trauma informed and therapeutic principles and strategies to role model, mentor and teach clients necessary skills to sustain family units and redirect life trajectories
- Maintain professional conduct along with Real Support's REACH values at all times
Successful Applicants will:
- Have minimum of Cert IV or higher in Human Services industry (or similar) with other qualifications in the Human Services sector highly regarded
- Have a minimum of 12 months’ experience in a role similar or the same as the one applying for (residential setting and Case Management preferable)
- Have completed Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training (or willing to attend in own time if provided)
- Have own vehicle with fully comprehensive insurance, valid Open or P2 (minimum)drivers license, mobile phone
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, understanding of report writing standards
- Have strong awareness and understanding of Child Protection Act, Charter of Rights, Standards of Care
- Be able to build rapport quickly and maintain relationships
- Be confident working in crisis, and able to work under pressure and deliver results
- Have the ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Display a keen desire to learn, increase skill set, be self-motivated
We are currently seeking new team members in the Rockhampton/Gladstone Region.
If you think you match the above criteria, please forward your current resume with cover letter to
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
(Remuneration discussed during the interview process.)
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in community services?
- Do you have experience working with children?