Advertiser: Save-A-Dog SchemeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Receptionists
Save-A-Dog Scheme is a community-based not-for-profit animal welfare organisation based in Melbourne Australia. We save and rehome hundreds of dogs and cats every year. A leader of the no kill movement since 1985.
We are currently seeking Customer Service Officer/Receptionist on a casual basis of up to 35 hours per week at our Glen Iris Shelter. The successful candidate will work on a casual roster and must be available for weekend shifts (either Saturday or Sunday) at times, with a need to be flexible regarding additional hours or changes in hours. The roster also includes public holidays.
As a first point of contact for the Shelter providing professional, friendly service in a very busy, often challenging environment.
Your responsibilities include:
- respond to customer enquiries in person via telephone, email and post
- process payments and donations and daily reconciliation and banking procedures
- database management including maintaining accurate animal, customer and donor records
- accurate filing and record keeping
- process monthly council reports and report to council
- maintain cleanliness of the reception area
- assist with reuniting pets with their owners and managing a lost and found list
- assist with general administration and other duties as required
- assistance in kennels or catteries occasionally but extensive animal experience is not necessary
- previous experience in a similar busy customer service/reception role
- an ability to manage and prioritise
- excellent customer service skills
- flexibility to work up to 35 hours a week, weekends and public holidays where requested
- the ability to perform basic computer skills in a very busy reception environment
- proven experience helping 'high needs' customers and in conflict resolution
- sound animal welfare ethics
How to Apply
If you believe you have the experience, skills, maturity and passion to succeed in this role click the APPLY button,
Please attach a resume and a cover letter, in the cover letter, you must address the following questions:
1) How long have you worked in office/administration/customer service rolls.
2) Describe your busiest most challenging role and what functions you performed.
3) How did you manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
4) Describe how you've dealt with high needs customers and conflict resolution, give an example.
Applications close Wed 10th Feb 21. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by 17th Feb. No phone enquiries.
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer service administrator?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Are you available to work public holidays?