Advertiser: Save-A-Dog SchemeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
Save-A-Dog Scheme (SADS), an animal organisation with a No-Kill philosophy, is seeking to fill the positions of kennel hand at its Glen Iris facility.
Successful applicants must be:
- Team players
- Supportive of colleagues
- Flexible thinkers
- Able to work under stress
- Experienced drivers
- Willing to work weekends/public holidays (hours to be discussed).
- Experienced with animal husbandry
- Able to assist with general office duties and understand basic levels of Word, Excel, data entry.
Duties mainly involve cleaning kennels and other responsibilities involved in caring for dogs. Animal-related qualifications are not necessary but experience is essential. Some general office duties may be required. Salary as per award rate.
The work is physically demanding but incredibly rewarding. SADS' staff and volunteers are totally committed our no kill philosophy and we're passionate about saving as many dogs and cats as possible.
If you think you have what it takes, please click on the APPLY button below.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter must address the following questions:
1) How long have you worked in the animal industry
2) What roles have you had in the animal industry
3) List your experience with computer based programs, e.g. Word, Excel etc
Applications close Wed 10th Feb 2021. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted by the 17th Feb. No phone enquiries.
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?
- Are you available to work public holidays?