Marketing & Communications Assistant
Advertiser: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute4.6667 out of 54.7 overall rating (18 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $55,00 - $74,00 PA (pro rata) +super +salary pack
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Who Are We?
At MCRI we share a powerful vision; to re-imagine the future of child health. We are the home to many life-changing scientific discoveries. We believe that no question is too impossible to try and answer. We are renowned for our cutting edge focus on early interventions, improved diagnosis, prevention and development of potential cures. Our success is founded on a philosophy of collaboration through a multi-disciplinary approach to solving the toughest questions in child health.
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. We are committed to creating a positive working environment which values all backgrounds and experiences. We strive to foster an inclusive culture that is underpinned by equal opportunity for all and a culture based on respect, consideration and dignity. Don’t take our word for it, check what our employees are saying!
Support the Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC), and Surveillance of Adverse Events Following Vaccination In the Community (SAEFVIC), in their quest to shape the future of vaccine safety surveillance and education.
Your role will help to support the strategic and sustainable development, coordination and execution of MVEC’s marketing strategy, particularly in the MVEC COVID-19 vaccine project rollout across Australia.
This project will enable increased awareness and amplification of the MVEC profile as a key online immunisation education portal for healthcare professionals and consumers. As a member of the MVEC team, you will have a role in providing excellence in customer service both internally and externally to assist with building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, in bringing our integrated offering of up-to-date news, information and resources to our target audiences.
This role would suit an individual with a marketing background seeking experience in the exciting and rapidly growing field of marketing, branding, strategising and promotion.
This role is for 15.2 hours per week for 12 months
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to communication and content activities
- Increase accessibility to consumers through a variety of mechanisms, including website, newsletters, digital and social media and educational materials
- Assist in the development, co-ordination and execution of the Communications and Marketing plan
- Contribute to current marketing materials. This includes website, brochures, and promotional materials and education-based tools.
- Liaise with MCRI / MVEC Marketing and/or Information Technology groups whenever necessary in enabling MVEC brand and market presence and representing MVEC interests
- Develop and facilitate internal stakeholder guidelines for interactions with MVEC Communications and Marketing
- Monitor the team’s social media and online presence
- Management of customer distribution lists, subscription and activities
- Actively gather feedback from stakeholders and customers to inform and adjust strategy
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/Communications
- Advanced written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with social media marketing campaigns
- Experience communicating complex topics to different audiences and stakeholders
- Proven ability to organise and co-ordinate planning across multiple stages, stakeholders and time periods
- Proven ability to be flexible, adaptable and learn quickly
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel and CMS based program e.g. WordPress
- Ability to handle ambiguity without losing focus and concentrate on outcomes over processes
- Capability in visual or website design and development
- Experience in a commercial or scientific sales, marketing and communications environment
- Experience of working in an academic research environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Salary Range $55,00 - $74,00 PA (pro rata) + super + MAXXIA salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program, Wellbeing & Learning & Development Programs
- Part Time 12 month contract
For a full list of responsibilities and the key selection criteria Download the Position Description.
In one document place your cover letter & resume.
Applications will only be considered when submitted via the MCRI website.
Click apply to proceed with your application.
Position Reference: 24481
Closing Date: Tuesday 5 February 5pm AEST
MCRI is a proud member of the Australian Network on Disability. Should you require any specific support or adjustments please talk to us and we will be happy to accommodate.