Associate Consultant (Management Consultant)
Advertiser: Impact Co.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $60,000 - $79,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Analysts
- Help to drive positive impact within a dynamic, growing and values-driven management consulting agency
- Partner with organisations in the health, mental health, disability and Indigenous sectors on exciting projects
- 2+ years professional experience (consulting experience not essential, but will be looked upon favourably)
- Melbourne based, Full-time
- Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 incl. super + bonus
About Impact Co.
Impact Co.is a management consulting agency that was founded in 2017 to offer innovative approaches to organisations tackling some of societies biggest challenges, focusing on some of the most marginalised and disadvantaged people in our community. Our values are heart, grit and fresh providing the foundations for the organisation to deliver positive impact.
In our short history, we have grown from a 2-person organisation to now operating with a national presence. We partner with a range of organisations, from pre-revenue startups, to community-led organisations, to large not-for-profits to government departments with multi-billion dollar budgets.
Our primary work is focused on the following sectors (including at the intersection between these):
- Mental Health
Our work is focused on four primary areas:
- Insight gathering (qualitative and quantitative)
- Program, service and product design
- Service and program evaluation and review.
We are seeking an individual to join our dynamic and growing team by contributing within a team-based environment to a diverse range of projects. We are seeking an individual with at least 2 years of professional experience and with strong working knowledge and a deep interest in at least one of our sectors of focus. While not mandatory, consulting experience will be looked upon favourably.
You will be actively contributing to projects from inception to completion, both autonomously and within a structured, team-based environment. In your role, you will work with the principals of the business, project managers and a diverse range of clients (from service users to senior personnel (including CEOs and Board members).
The culture is supportive and the content challenging – providing the foundations for a successful career in impact-led consulting.
The work that you will be doing will include:
- Consulting – This will include:
- Research (including desktop and consumer/stakeholder research)
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Report writing
- Business and financial modelling
- Meeting and focus group facilitation.
All of this work will be done in close collaboration with the lead consultant, who (together with the principals) will provide the support and coaching to allow you to develop into a top-line consultant.
- Project management and coordination – Actively managing the progress of projects and coordinating key project activities, ensuring that they run to timelines and budget
- Engaging – Participating in key client meetings and liaising with key stakeholders
- Enabling – Providing assistance to other parts of the business where required, not being afraid to get your hands dirty.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years professional experience (consulting experience is not essential, but will be looked upon favourably)
- Strong working knowledge and a deep interest in at least one of our sectors of focus
- Desire to forge a career in impact-led consulting
- Ability to work both autonomously, across a variety of projects within a dynamic, team-based environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, pushing to deliver innovative solutions to complex social problems
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Creative thinking, with a desire to do things better
- Able to multi-task and handle ambiguity.
- A big heart – You are passionate about creating positive social change and the people you work with
- Proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Grit and a strong resolve
- Ambitious, with a desire to push boundaries
- Desire to support business growth through active business development
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit - wanting to be part of a small, ambitious (and growing) team that is working to make a difference
- Enjoy the fast-paced nature and diversity of consulting
- High levels of empathy - with the community and those in different positions
Impact Co. values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
How to apply for this job
Along with your CV, please provide a cover letter, letting us know why you are interested in working with Impact Co. and what value you will bring to the organisation. Please limit the cover letter to 1 page, and the CV to 4 pages.
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com [link removed]