Casual AM Dockhand
Advertiser: TNT Express3.1473 out of 53.1 overall rating (292 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Team based at TNT’s Hobart depot.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Hobart depot.
About the role:
Go behind the scenes in our operations team. Our Dockhands and Forklift Drivers are committed to sorting our freight and ensuring all shipments move through our depots seamlessly and with care, so that we can deliver on our service promises. Processing our customer’s shipments takes a huge team of operational Dockhands and Forklift Drivers, on the ground tackling and coordinating a high volume of freight to ensure our customers can deliver for their customers
- Safely manage and internally move all the consignments that come in and out of our depot in a timely manner
- Label all consignments to ensure efficient route
- Sort consignments to the correct delivery area
- Work together as a team to ensure efficient turnaround times
We have noticed that this role is very popular with people who enjoy being able to work regular hours, while still being able to meet other commitments during the day/night.
- Monday to Friday
- 5.30am to 9.30am
- Minimum 4 hours per shift
Flexibility to work additional hours if required is mandatory.
- Previous warehouse experience desirable
- Forklift license required
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Safety focused with an understanding of chain of responsibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
In addition to the essential experience, the following traits are desirable:
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All Culture’
Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
- We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
- We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry.
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employees well-being and value their contributions to our company
We are a supportive, caring and passionate team of operations professionals and we pride ourselves on our high performance, high integrity culture. If this position and our working environment sound like the right fit for you, then do not wait and please apply today.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.