Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Advance CairnsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Jan 2021
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Chief Executive Officer
CEO & General Management > CEO
- Strategic leadership role
- Advocacy and economic development focus
- Attractive salary package
Advance Cairns plays a pivotal role in shaping the future of tropical north Queensland (TNQ) as the region’s peak non-government independent advocacy and economic development organisation. Working with a long-term vision, we facilitate connections between business and industry, community and government agencies to drive investment and economic growth in the region.
Advance Cairns is backed by leading, socially responsible businesses committed to securing a legacy of prosperity for the region.
About the role
The CEO provides high-level leadership and apolitical advocacy to all levels of government on behalf of the Advance Cairns Board of Directors, and the TNQ region more broadly, and proactively leads the organisation’s economic development activities to drive investment and growth.
Central to the role is maintaining close collaborative relationships between Advance Cairns and its members, other business & industry stakeholder groups and community and government agencies at a local, state, and federal level.
To be successful you will need to be enthusiastic and engaging with strong leadership and communication skills and proven experience as a CEO or other senior managerial roles. You will be a strategic thinker with advanced negotiation skills, effective stakeholder engagement, a strong client focus and capacity to work collegially with a diverse range of stakeholders. You will be results-focused, entrepreneurial and able to adapt at short notice to changing external and internal environments.
Ideally you will have substantial professional experience and passion for regional advocacy and economic growth activities backed up by sound knowledge of corporate governance and regulatory frameworks and strong commercial and financial acumen.
What you can expect
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- A senior leadership role based in one of Australia’s most desirable regional centres in Cairns
- An involved and supportive Board
Put yourself in the mix.
To apply, please submit a one page cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and an up-to-date CV.
For a position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.advancecairns.com/who-we-are/current-vacancies
For more information call Advance Cairns executive chairman Nick Trompf on 07 4080 2900.
Applications close Monday February 1, 2021.
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Have you worked in a role which requires experience with financial analysis and modelling?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?