Advertiser: Nunkuwarrin Yunti of SA IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Nunkuwarrin Yunti, the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide aims to promote and deliver improvement in the health and wellbeing of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their families in the greater metropolitan areas of Adelaide and regional areas to advance their social, cultural and economic status. The Organisation places a strong focus on a client centered approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients.
About the Program\
Business Support Services Unit (BSSU) is responsible for the smooth operations of the support services across the organisation providing Infrastructure and technological support to clients and staff so that high quality business services are delivered in line with organisational goals.
About the Role
The primary role of ICT Trainee includes and is not limited to:
- Monitor ICT Support Helpdesk actioning items as required
- Provide basic support for software applications such as Microsoft Office suite of products
- Provide Basic PC and peripheral hardware operation
- Assist with hardware and software installations and maintenance
- Work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary environment with commitment to shared ideas and common goals
- Receive on and off the job training to satisfy the objectives and requirements of an Administrative Traineeship in Cert III Business Administration or Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
This position is under the Nunkuwarrin Yunti Enterprise Agreement classification of Corporate Services Level 1 (Trainee rate)
Note: For all roles within Nunkuwarrin Yunti would require a mandatory Working with Children Check (SA) and National Police Check.
Please complete your application with your CV, a Cover Letter and the Application Questions. Incomplete application will not be considered.
We encourage and thank all applicants for their time, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact HR via firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of this role, applicants from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note applications close by COB 2 February 2021
ESSENTIAL – includes qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge.
- Satisfactory completion of year 11 schooling or a Certificate 11 in Information Technology
- Aptitude and interest in working in an Aboriginal organisation committed to providing services and wellbeing support to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of Adelaide
- Willingness to undertake training in Certificate III or IV in Information Technology with a commitment to attend off the job training as provided under the Traineeship through the approved Registered Training Organisation
- Ability to follow procedures from the creation of each task through to any documentation and record-keeping required at completion
- Excellent verbal communication and personal skills and the ability to communicate with our internal clients at varying levels of ICT knowledge
- Ability to analyse and diagnose hardware, software and end-user errors systematically and independently
- Ability to approach each task in a professional manner with absolute attention to detail and consistency.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience with AV equipment such as interactive whiteboards and projects
- Satisfactory completion of year 12 schooling.
- Where a full current SA Driver’s Licence is held, be willing to drive in the course of work activities if required.