Advertiser: New England Regional Art MuseumMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Part-time 2 days/week
We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated Communications Officer to join the NERAM team.
This new position will drive NERAM’s external communications strategy, write and disseminate creative content and publicity material, manage our social media platforms and support the growth of brand recognition and engagement at NERAM.
- Collaborate with NERAM Director to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on NERAM’s strategic plan and target audiences.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including marketing collateral, press releases, website content, e-news, social media posts, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation's activities, products and/or services.
- Develop content that connects NERAM’s audiences to the NERAM Collections and culture in New England.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and other promotional opportunities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the NERAM brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms, design and publishing software (Wordpress an advantage).
- Other duties as required and directed.
To be successful in this role the applicant must be able to think creatively, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be proficient in various comms and design programs. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is desirable as is experience or knowledge within the arts.
Applications close: Wednesday 27 January
Position Description, Application Requirements & Further information:
Please ensure that you read the full application requirments as published on the website.