Advertiser: Yarra Trams2.7273 out of 52.7 overall rating (55 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Insurance & Superannuation, Claims
KDR Victoria Pty Ltd
Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September last year, the Victorian Government has awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for the team at Yarra Trams as we deliver our new franchise term.
In the next six years we will continue to bring our international expertise to Melbourne to ensure we continue to deliver even better, safer, more reliable passenger services and performance, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting new challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of an experienced Claims Administrator to administer third party and cost claims on behalf of the company.
What the role entails
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced Claims Administrator to proactively identify, administer, and resolve 3rd party claims in a way that seeks to minimise liability and maximise recovery.
Reporting to the Claims Coordinator, the role involves:
- Pursuing third party recoveries relating to tram and network impacts;
- Monitoring network performance to identify all 3rd party claim opportunities;
- Managing the claims database ensuring all opportunities are captured;
- Requesting claims information from internal and external parties and updating claims cases with information;
- Reporting and liaising with TAC regarding accident reports;
- Managing payment process where payment is due or payable (including with 3rd party debt collectors);
- Drafting, sending and monitoring claim and payment reminder letters;
- Negotiating payment and settlement terms;
- Referring to and managing debt collectors where appropriate.
What you will need for this role
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 2-5 Years of experience in handling Motor Vehicle, Property Damage and Property Liability Claims (desirable);
- Proven experience operating within a complex legal, accounting/finance, commercial, dispute resolution and/or insurance environment;
- Experience dealing with external debt collection agencies and/or legal service providers (desirable);
- Experience with claims and customer compliant management systems;
- Knowledge of Victorian Road Rules and other road and rail safety legislation;
- Knowledge of Melbourne’s tram network, Public Transport system and Melbourne city;
- Computer literacy skills in all Microsoft applications, at least of an intermediate level of proficiency;
- Strong oral and written communication and persuasive skills;
- Demonstrable ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders including gathering and disseminating detailed staff and witness complaints and statements;
Awareness of rules of evidence and how to apply them to investigations.
Interested? To apply for this vacancy, please visit our careers website at http://jobs.yarratrams.com.au and complete an online application form. Only completed online application forms will be accepted.
Yarra Trams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity across our teams. In support of our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, we encourage candidates with a disability, of all ages and people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander heritage to apply.
Applications close: 20th January 2021
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.