ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTSPERSON / RESIDENTIAL DRAFTINGPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Design & Architecture, Architectural Drafting
ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTSPERSON / RESIDENTIAL DRAFTING
Head Office Mulgrave
An opportunity exists to join one of Melbourne's leading Home Improvement/New Homes Building Company.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Draftsperson with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in residential drafting to join our Drafting Department.
You will be involved in a variety of residential projects including new homes, home additions, alterations, extensions and renovations.
This role is a crucial part of the business and we are targeting a motivated person who is committed to being a part of a successful team.
Reporting to the Drafting Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Review all documentation provided by the Sales Team to ensure it is clear and complete, and resolve any anomalies with the Drafting Manager
- Assist by helping the Clients achieve what they want within our variation guidelines
- Provide sketches for requested variations to assist the Client
You will have:
- Diploma of Building Design & Drafting (or equivalent)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD with excellent drafting skills & attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in residential drafting
- Construction knowledge
- Planning Schemes, ResCode, NCC & Australian Standards knowledge
- Prior local experience in residential drafting
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Good communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with clients, local councils & contractors and to communicate with technical & non-technical people
- Ability to successfully multi-task & work as part of a team
- Demonstrated organisational & time management skills - able to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines, working well under pressure
- Professionally presented
How to apply:
If you feel you have the knowledge, skills & experience to excel in this role please apply providing your Cover Letter, Resume & state your expected annual base salary.
Australian residents & local applicants need only apply.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.