Advertiser: News Corp3.098 out of 53.1 overall rating (255 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Based in the Sky News Melbourne Bureau, the Technical Assistant is responsible for day-to-day studio production requirements including; setting up prime time anchors and guests, ensuring a high quality technical output, acting as the primary contact for the Engineering department, and, on occasion, working out on the road as an ENG Camera operator shooting news content.
What’s the role?
- Primary contact for the studio production requirements of the Sky News Melbourne studios.
- Responsible for setting up anchors and guests with the required technical equipment for program hosting and live crosses. This includes microphones, earpieces & autocue.
- Liaise with producers and other key departments to ensure the smooth operation and seamless technical execution of the overall broadcasts.
- Troubleshoot technical issues that can occur with the studios, including computers, autocue, LED walls, plasmas, encoders, lighting and audio equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance checks of the studios and its related equipment.
- Report all studio-related faults via the service desk and follow up on resolutions with the Sky News Engineering department.
- Be responsible for regularly checking the studios WHS compliance and report any breaches or concerns with the Bureau Manager.
Who are you?
- 1-3 years’ experience in a professional environment working as a technical or camera operator.
- Tertiary level qualification in the area of technical television production.
- Understand studio equipment including but not limited to, robotic camera operation, audio equipment, lighting and autocue systems.
- Display a positive professional attitude and presentation as you’ll be working daily with prime-time hosts and high profile guests.
- Professional ENG Camera experience is an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge of news production systems ENPS and Quantel would be beneficial.
- Hold a full unrestricted drivers licence.
- Availability to work a 7-day - 24/7 roster with flexible working hours, driven by the news cycle.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent time management, communication and organisational skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
The nation’s most influential media organisation, News Corp Australia reaches an unduplicated audience of 16 million Australians every month. As well as our famous news, sport and lifestyle brands such as The Australian, FOX SPORTS and delicious., we lead the way with number-one websites news.com.au, realestate.com.au and kidspot.com.au. We have the largest online news audience in the country, with a bigger digital footprint than Facebook.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.