Marketing and Communications Assistant
Advertiser: Coder CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Assistants/Coordinators
Coder College is a Tasmanian based Computer Coding School running programs for children (afterschool & school holidays), adult courses, school incursions and Teacher Professional learning. We have been growing over the last 5 years and we are now looking for a Marketing and Communications assistant who will also help with the running of some of our courses.
This role will be responsible in:
- Helping our team with getting the word out about who we are and what we do.
- Helping our community to stay up to date and informed about the programs we are offering.
- Assisting in the running of some courses and teaching kids how to code (as required)
This role will continue to evolve and change as we continue to grow, and the company needs change.
Are you a people person, able to disseminate information clearly in easy-to-understand formats? Are you creative, able to meet deadlines? Do you have an interest in coding and are keen to share this through the teaching of others? Ready for no two days being the same. Then you might be the person we are looking for.
If you are interested in this position, please make sure you read the "how to apply" section to ensure you application will be accepted.
Our company is looking for an experienced Marketing and Communications Assistant who is willing to work hard and grow with the company. The Marketing and Communications Assistant will report directly to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for taking on a wide variety of tasks that allow for the successful completion of planned marketing programmes and provide administrative support to various teams and programs.
The successful candidates’ responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns, developing marketing content and strategies, editing and writing company email and materials. As well as enhancing the Coder College brand and promote our online image. This position will also be involved some teaching of our courses (as required).
This position is open to applicants with a degree or who are currently pursuing a degree in marketing or communications. If you also have administrative or teaching experience, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear communication of our company’s message through our marketing campaigns across all channels and assist with the general email communication and information dissemination to our community of parents and teachers.
- Provide support to Marketing and Communications department.
- Implement and Execute our Marketing and Communications strategy.
- Work with marketing team to manage brand and marketing initiatives.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Perform market and client research.
- Create reports on marketing performance.
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Maintain schedules for marketing initiatives.
- Assist with social media and website content.
- Organize and manage marketing collateral.
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams.
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial, and non-financial information
- Coordinate the running of some courses (as required)
Work Hours & Benefits
This is a full-time position of 35 hours a week. There is also an expectation of Saturday work for periods of time (during school terms) while our courses are being run
Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven experience as a Marketing Assistant or Communications Assistant, 1-3 years’ experience in marketing or equivalent education
- BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google AdWords etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere) a plus
- Digital photography and video editing experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest), social networking, email marketing and search engines.
- Good knowledge of market research techniques, databases, and emerging trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Solid editing and researching skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment and excellent time management skills
If you are a passionate, high calibre digital marketing and communications professional with an eye for detail and a flair for design. If you are a proficient multi-tasker with the skills to develop strong and innovative strategies to drive traffic and generate interest. If you can hit the ground running and show us what you have got from the get-go. Then let us know.
How to apply:
Simply click on the link below and send through your CV. Also, instead of a sending a cover letter we want you to answer the following questions (with as much detail as you can).
- Tell us about yourself
- Why do you think learning to code so important?
- Do you have any experience teaching others?
- How will technology shape our future
- If you were a Super Hero, who would you be and why?
Please note: We are doing things a bit different and we don't want copy and pasted Cover Letters. Your CV tells us if you have the skills for the job and the questions tell us who you are as a person, to see if you would be a good fit in to our company.
To be considered for the role you will need to submit both your CV and answers to the questions. Applications with one part missing will automatically be rejected.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following Adobe products are you experienced with?
- How many years of graphic design experience do you have?