ASSISTANT PROPERTY UNDERWRITER
Advertiser: The Barn Underwriting AgencyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Insurance & Superannuation, Underwriting
ASSISTANT PROPERTY UNDERWRITER
- Fun and innovative team and culture
- Great office Located in The Rocks, Sydney CBD
- Fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to utilise their existing Property Underwriting experience to secure a role with growth and development potential
The Barn Underwriting Agency is commercial insurance underwriter focused on providing valuable solutions in the Specialty Commercial & Industrial Property [link removed] and General Liability insurance segments throughout Australia. We are an independent company who have a unique track record in delivering outstanding results for broking partners, their clients, and the insurance carriers who protect them.
Due to continued expansion and growth in our speciality Property division, we currently have an exciting and challenging role available for an experienced Assistant Underwriter or someone looking to take the next step to an Underwriter level role.
In this position, you will report to The Barn’s Property Director and will work as part of the Property Team. You will be directly responsible for helping to grow the Specialty Property portfolio through new risk selection and renewal account retention.
This role calls for an individual with a minimum of twelve months Property Underwriting experience, strong attention to detail, the ability to deliver high quality service to our brokers, maintain and develop strong business relationships and make high quality underwriting decisions for our Property division.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the Underwriting team and contribute to the growth and sustainability of the specialty property portfolio
- Assist with the management of daily Underwriting enquiries
- Maintain new and existing retail broker relationships
- Analyse and evaluate new business opportunities including cross-departmental opportunities
- Ongoing Policy/Account Management throughout the policy cycle
- Work with our key surveyor partners nationally and monitor risk improvement recommendations
- Responsible for a monthly renewal allocation and servicing of key accounts
- Assist in managing customer records/database
- Adhere to strict delegated Underwriting authorities and guidelines at all times
- Assist in the development our IT systems and internal processes.
- Have a good understanding of the Australian Property Insurance landscape
- Looking for career advancement and development in the insurance industry
- Looking for a genuine challenge and not afraid to back yourself
- Strong work ethic. Confident. Great with people. This includes a willingness to build relationships particularly with our broking partners & key stakeholders
- Have a problem-solving mentality
- Can handle pressure and stressful situations as/when they arise
- Prepared to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You want to share in our collective success
- Already possess or willingness to obtain the relevant Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) accreditation
- Career Progression
- Fun and innovative team culture
- Competitive salary package
- Fantastic location, close to public transport, shops and restaurants
- Workplace flexibility
Does this sound like the role for you? Get in touch with us if you if you would like to take advantage of this great opportunity to take the next step in your career in insurance and join our fun and talented Team.
Apply today by sending your resume, and a cover letter outlining why you are the best person for the role!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?