Advertiser: Flood Restoration AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
Assistant Accountant Opportunity
Be part of a positive & thriving team culture – February Start!
Are you a talented Assistant Accountant seeking a full-time placement with an experienced & reputable brand? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Are you seeking a role that offers?
- A full-time position in our National Accounts Team supporting our 24/7 Emergency Restoration Business Operation.
- Flexibility of working from home with occasional travel to our Braeside office location.
- The opportunity to contribute your skills & knowledge in a fast-paced environment working both autonomously & as part of a team in a role where no two days are the same.
Do you have?
- Strong accounting & analytical skills with a customer centric approach.
- Adaptability to operate within a 24/7 industry.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet defined business objectives & KPI’s.
- Existing established home office set up.
We at FRA are an equal opportunity employer looking to secure our next experienced & efficient accounting superstar.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be reporting directly to the National Head of Accounts. This position requires the ability to deliver on data entry & accounts administrative projects across our business. As this is primarily a working from home opportunity the successful candidate must have a suitable ergonomic home office established & stable internet connection. Technological tools of the trade, laptop, phone, computer monitors & accessories are to be provided. Competitive remuneration package (negotiable pending experience).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties will include, but not be limited to delivering on all works safely & to a high-quality standard.
- Set up, maintenance & reconciliation of supplier accounts.
- Invoice processing & data entry including matching of purchase orders & approval follow up.
- Preparation of weekly supplier payment runs including generating ABA files & BPAY payments.
- Timely management of employee reimbursements as per company policy standards.
- Credit card reconciliations & investigation.
- Maintenance of Motorpass cards, Bunnings cards & Citylink tags.
- Vehicle registration & insurance organisation & management.
- Completion of intercompany charges & month end journals.
- Verifying & processing customer invoices with strong attention to detail.
- Excess collection & processing of customer payments through Merchant Portal.
- Debt collection & follow up of outstanding debtors as per company policy.
- Customer profit/loss reporting as required.
- Responding & resolving internal & external queries.
- Setting up of new employees & updating existing employees in our Payroll system.
- Processing of fortnightly payroll to set timeframes.
- Ensuring all payroll data is captured accurately & all leave forms & documents are received.
- Workcover claims processing.
- Insurances claim management.
- Contribute, maintain, & evolve the development, implementation & working knowledge of all policies, procedures, practices etc that are applicable to the roles area of responsibility.
- Additonal ad hoc administrative data entry & accounts related tasks as required.
Key selection criteria:
- Degree Qualifications in accounting or working towards further studies (CPA or CA) (mandatory)
- 2+ years’ experience in administrative, accounting or payroll positions (desirable)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills to liaise with both internal & external personnel & develop/maintain relationships (essential)
- Proactive & innovative behavioural approach to support existing work environment & culture (essential)
- Well presented, punctual & strong work ethic (essential)
- Ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment on various tasks whilst learning new functionalities (essential)
- Ability to follow directive & meet deadlines (essential)
- Xero software experience (mandatory) Simpro software experience (desirable)
- High administrative/ technological competency (experience with Microsoft Office Suites required).
- Successful applicant will be required to complete a police check & willingness to complete employment medicals/ & drug/alcohol testing as required.
- Full working rights in Australia (mandatory)
To apply for this role, please send your resume & covering letter details via email, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. To learn more about our company our culture & our people please refer to our website.
www.fra.com.au [link removed]
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?