Community Waste Education Officer
Advertiser: Southern Metropolitan Regional Council2.375 out of 52.4 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Other
Delivering innovative and sustainable waste management solutions
- Part Time Casual Position
- Location – Booragoon
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) has an exciting opportunity for a number of highly motivated and suitably qualified Community Waste Education Officers to assist in the delivery of an educational behaviour change program, as part of an innovative project.
Responsibilities of the position include the implementation of a bin auditing and education program as part of a new collection system, conducting visual inspections of residents’ bins and providing feedback at the kerbside.
A strong community focus, empathy for environmental concerns and excellent communication skills are required as the successful applicants will be interacting with members of the community.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Developed oral and written communication skills.
- Empathy with resource recovery, climate change and issues.
- Capable of working within time constraints to meet set targets.
- Ability to work in a busy team environment.
- Moderate level of physical fitness.
- A current Police Clearance.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
Work will commence early February. Work hours will typically be Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 10:30am and may vary throughout the course of the program. The pay rate for this casual position will be $28.00 p/h.
As part of the recruitment process, all successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical which includes a drug and alcohol test and provide a national police clearance.
The SMRC values its employees and aspires to be an Employer of Choice.
Interested applicants can obtain an information package by visiting the SMRC website at www.smrc.com.au/current-positions/ or by phoning Elizabeth Wilkerson on (08) 9329 2700. To be considered please submit your application asap as shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.
If you would like to join our team then please apply now.
TIM YOUÉ - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Are you relatively fit and healthy?
- Are you studying or have an interest in Environmental studies?