Advertiser: The Mathematical Association of WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- $48,000 - $53,000 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
The Mathematical Association of Western Australia (MAWA) is a non-profit organisation which works to support teachers, students and families in Western Australia. The Association is run by a Board of Directors and employees who work at the MAWA office in Mirrabooka. We are seeking a diligent, efficient, and experienced full-time Office Assistant to join our expanding and vibrant organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to use your business skills in a small workplace and experience a great team environment.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Student Activities Coordinator to oversee and administer all student activities delivered by MAWA
- Assisting with events management
- Liaising with and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Updating and maintaining the MAWA website
- Updating and maintaining accurate records of activities
- Assist with advertising and marketing through social media and to our database
- Client contact including reception tasks
This role would be suitable for an experienced person who clearly demonstrates the following key attributes:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Great customer service skills
- A reliable and flexible team member
- Computer literacy, particularly intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate skills with Woo Commerce
- Ability to learn new programs such as Moodle
- Ability to multitask and show initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Fantastic customer service with exceptional phone manner
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator would be advantageous
- Experience using Xero would be desirable
The successful applicant will need a current Working with Children card and have the flexibility to work more hours during the peak times of February/March and October/November, and possibly for annual leave cover, as needed.
This position is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract with the possibility of extension. The pay rate is $48K - $53K, plus superannuation per annum, and dependent on experience.
Applications demonstrating your experience whilst addressing the responsibilities and attributes are due by 12:00pm Friday 29 January.
Please provide a brief letter outlining your interest and a current CV (suggested length 2 pages). Any enquiries about the position can be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an office assistant?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?