AFP Crime Command Team Member
Advertiser: Australian Federal Police3.3438 out of 53.3 overall rating (32 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- $75,420 - $88,661 per annum, plus 15.4% super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Federal
The AFP is seeking to fill current and anticipated vacancies across a range of support teams within the Crime Command. Applications are sought from suitably qualified individuals wishing to be considered for multiple vacancies across policy, capability and coordination teams.
The Crime Command comprises several key branches of the AFP:
- Intelligence Operations.
- Transnational Serious and Organised Crime.
- Human Intelligence and Undercover Program.
- Fraud and Anti-Corruption.
- Covert and Technical Operations.
In this context, the Crime Command is responsible for:
- Set and drive the AFP’s national and international crime investigation and intelligence priorities and strategies.
- Develop and support specialist and covert capabilities nationally.
- Lead the AFP’s involvement in a range of national and international taskforces.
- Deliver Canberra-based operations, investigations, and outputs.
- Drive the AFP’s strategic operational engagement with partners and government.
- Contribute to whole-of-government policy, strategy, and capability initiatives.
Your duties will include:
These teams deliver, inform and support a range of critical Crime Command activities and responsibilities of the roles may include:
- Contribute to the development of policy and legislative reform.
- Prepare correspondence, briefing material and responses to media and ministerial matters.
- Undertake research work and contribute to project management initiatives.
- Undertake secretariat work.
- Perform a range of finance, HR and administrative activities in support of Crime Command business.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the Team Leader to support the delivery of outcomes.
The successful applicant will:
- Focus on working collaboratively within a team and build mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate flexibility when working to deadlines and adaptability.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including high-level writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate good judgement in decision making by exploring the nature of the problem, researching information, considering options, documenting evidence and making logical recommendations.
- Contribute creative and innovative solutions or new ways to work.
- Value inclusion and diversity in our workforce.
The panel will assess applications against the available role scope and selection criteria.
Essential requirements, skills or experience:
- Relevant qualification and/or contemporary knowledge and experience relevant to the role.
- To be eligible you must be an Australian Citizen.
- This position requires the successful candidate to obtain a Negative Vetting 1 Security Clearance.
- Some positions will require a Negative Vetting 2 (Top Secret) security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- This recruitment is being create a pool for future vacancies that may arise over the next 12 months.
- This position is located in Canberra, ACT. Successful applicants must be willing to relocate to Canberra.
What do we offer?
We provide our people with many benefits appropriate to the level of the position including, but not limited to:
- An attractive remuneration package as per our Enterprise Agreement
- Four mandatory rest days per year
- Six weeks annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Flex time
- 15.4% Superannuation
- External and internal training opportunities
How to apply:
- To apply visit the AFP’s Career Page at: https://career10.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=5332&company=digitaltra
- Refer to the ‘Required Application Documents’ section on the job ad on the AFP Careers Page
- If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact AFPRecruitment@afp.gov.au
Applications close: 11.59pm (AEDST) on 3 February 2021.
As an inclusive organisation, the AFP provides opportunity for all Australians to fairly gain employment in the AFP. We appreciate that everyone is unique and acknowledge that diversity in thought leads to greater transparency and improved consideration in our decision making.