Human Resources Advisor
Advertiser: St Charbel's Care CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
St Charbel’s Care Centre is a new and progressive organisation, dedicated to servicing the ageing community. Established in 2019, SCCC is passionate about delivering exceptional service to our consumers and providing high quality care that celebrates dignity and choice of our beloved clients. SCCC is an integral part of the Maronite Community and SCCC aims to allow consumers to retain their active role within the Maronite Community.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a passionate and driven part-time Human Resources Advisor (HRA). Reporting to the CEO, the HRA will work in a generalist capacity, with a focus on end-to-end recruitment, onboarding, and all things performance related. This is a stand-alone HR role.
Our ideal applicant will be a dedicated HR professional with a passion for the not-for-profit sector and contemporary HR practices, with the ability to influence and ensure compliance within our team. This role is a fast-paced and varied role and requires highly developed communication skills and a strong emotional intelligence compass.
You will be working with a frontline workforce, an experienced and energetic leadership team in the regulated environment of aged care. We are forward thinking and innovative – bring a fresh perspective to a compliance-strong HR function.
What does the role involve:
The HRA will support the business in all areas of Human Resources. They will work closely with the facility’s management team to achieve the organisation’s vision and sustain their values. The HRA will play a key role in developing and implementing the workforce plan and strategy. This will include developing innovative initiatives to foster strong staff engagement, retention and fostering a positive team environment and workplace culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Strategic people management - Provide timely day-to-day HR advice, support and consultancy to managers and employees in workforce planning, recruitment and on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, conflict resolution and off-boarding.
- Drive the recruitment and selection process within SCCC including appropriate paperwork and approvals; development of advertisements, assisting with candidate interviews as required and completing the credentialing process.
- Ensure the employee on-boarding experience of new employees to SCCC is adhered to and employees are inducted and oriented appropriately.
- Manage the exit processes for SCCC employees (including liaising with payroll, exit interviews and required notice periods).
- Provide advice, coaching, feedback and support to management to effectively manage the performance and development needs of SCCC’s employees.
- Contribute to the development and review of HR Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure the quality and compliance of HR documentation with appropriate storage.
- Complete the annual performance review process for all aged care workers and management team.
- Monitor & analyse key people metrics, including staff turnover, workforce utilisation and prepare reports as required.
- Facilitate relevant training and coaching with the team, as training/coaching needs are identified.
- Ensure full compliance with the HR Business Operating System and maintain oversight of employment compliance requirements and processes.
- Maintaining knowledge of contemporary HR practices and Industrial Relations matters.
- Award interpretation.
What We Can Offer You
- Salary Packaging options for all employees
- An inclusive and diverse team, passionate about delivering outstanding care
What You Can Offer Us
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or similar.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role (advisory level role)
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the application of contemporary HR practices and strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of change management principles and proven experience in leading change.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing people and culture strategies that have brought about positive results.
- Aged Care experience (desired but not essential)
- National Criminal History check
- Up to date flu vaccination
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources adviser?
- How many years' experience do you have in employee relations?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?