Advertiser: MidCoast CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Jan 2021
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Start your career in Local Government!
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Real Estate & Property, Commercial Sales, Leasing & Property Mgmt
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches and national park wilderness our LGA spans the Great Lakes, Gloucester and Manning regions and offers an attractive lifestyle. We strive to be recognised as a place of unique environmental and cultural significance. Our strong community connection, coupled with our innovative development and growing economy, builds the quality of life we value.
MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for outcomes-focused employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive results for our community and who bring a “can-do” attitude to their work. We empower our people to make decisions, to grow and to learn. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We strive for continuous improvement.
We are looking for a dynamic property professional to join our Legal and Property Services team in providing a high-level of customer service to our community. The role of Property Officer will be responsible for the property management of Council lands and buildings, this will require you to act independently in the performance of all property management functions relating to Council's diverse property portfolio, investigating and responding to Aboriginal land claims and assisting the Native Title Manager in enacting Council's reporting obligations.
The position requires a strategic approach to the management of Council’s property portfolio, working to deadlines and managing changing priorities whilst considering the needs of the community. The successful applicant will have:
- TAFE Diploma in Property Management/Real Estate/Conveyancing related discipline or similar field
- Demonstrated experience in property portfolio management (experience within local government would be highly regarded)
- Substantial knowledge of contract, lease and license legislation, procedures and documentation
- An understanding of Native Title Act and Aboriginal land claims
- Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and ability to work independently, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to meet the following focus capabilities: Manage Self, Communicate and Engage, Customer & Community Focus, Work Collaboratively, Plan & Prioritise.
The package: Commencing salary circa $64,000 plus superannuation.
The benefits: At MidCoast Council, we aim to promote a culture of flexibility and inclusion. You will have access to our flexible working arrangements, allowing you to experience a positive work-life balance and soak up the sunny coastal lifestyle! You will be working from our new office space at Yalawanyi Ganya with access to state of the art technology and facilities to complement your working environment.
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
Tenure: Permanent Full Time.
How to apply:
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we embrace fairness, diversity and inclusion.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Felise Johnston, HR Recruitment & Processes Officer on (02) 7955 7738.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact David Guest, Coordinator Legal & Property Services (02) 7955 7732.
Closing date: Thursday 28 January 2021 at 11:30pm.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.