Casual Accounts AssistantPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
***CANDIDATES WITH AUS WORKING RIGHTS ONLY***
Are you a competent Accounts Assistant looking ? Are you looking to work for a dynamic, young and vibrant design & architecture practice with fantastic modern offices located in North Sydney.
Then we WANT YOU!
Seeking a Casual Accounts Assistant for upto 16 hours per week with 1+ years of experience to join our Sydney team.
Who are we?
A dynamic firm of architects and interiors designers at the forefront of architecture and design in Australia. With over 25 years of experience in delivering award-winning projects, and with offices around the world including Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, UK and Spain we have become an innovative and highly respected design firm within the industry.
Responsibilities / Duties
The role of the office Accounts Assistant/Receptionist is principally to ensure the smooth running of the office, assist the accounting and finance department and to implement & supervise the necessary systems that allow the Architects, Interior Designers, Senior Associates and Directors to operate as efficiently as possible.
Working directly for and under the supervision of the Managing Director, Senior Associates and Accounting and Finance Department.
- Responsible for the professional operation of the front desk, receptionist duties telephone switchboard & first point of contact for callers, visitors & clients.
- Accounts payable and credit card reconciliation
- Project set up in our ERP system
- Responsible for the day to day running of the office equipment including arranging maintenance and ordering consumables
- Responsible for the implementation of the standardized office administration systems including filing, archiving and information storage.
- Responsible for the ordering and maintaining stocks of office stationery & supplies as advised by staff.
- Other reasonable duties as required
Life at our company:
We recognise the importance of an active + regular social calendar + the positive benefits it has in terms of staff interaction + teamwork.
We had an active social calendar of events sponsored by the company which includes
- structured social calendar including numerous events throughout the year;
- weekly Friday evening drinks and nibbles
- annual international and domestic study tour trips
- Melbourne Cup function + best dressed prizes
- Christmas party
- sports teams and run club
The Successful Candidate
To be successful in this role requires you will need to have a drive to succeed and willingness to learn and grow with the business. You will ideally have previous administrative experience, with high-level attention to detail and accuracy.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment that will require you to multi-task and, while also being supported by our fantastic team.
The ideal candidate will have proven office administration and accounting skills including:
- Knowledge of Accounting Processes
- Minimum 1-year admin experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience in MYOB, XERO and EXCEL, as well as an understanding of MS Office
- Time management and prioritising skills
Please note due to a large number of applications, candidates without the essential skills and AUS working rights will not be considered for this role.
To apply for this exciting role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have experience using Xero?