HCMT Performance Manager
Advertiser: Metro Trains MelbourneMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Engineering, Management
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
The HCMT (High Capacity Metro Trains) Performance Manager Infrastructure, will drive key relationships between Infrastructure Technical, Production and Network Operations regarding HCMT operations on the Metro Network. The day-to-day role is focused on the process of root cause determination of the daily incidents with relation to HCMT and its interfaces with infrastructure, reviewing the data quality and providing accurate information to the Technical teams.
In addition to conducting full root cause and quality defect investigations for Infrastructure, interface faults with the HCMT Rolling Stock. This role will be the determinant of allocation of faults for hand back and will validate the Engineering and quality of information from the Infrastructure team prior to completion of formal handback reports to DOT and EDI via the commercial manager.
The Performance Manager will be able to liaise technically with other functional groups within Infrastructure and Metro to reallocate incidents, identify failure trends, potential Infrastructure work quality defects, cause identification, interpret, and feed condition-monitoring data from the HCMT train back into infrastructure to support continuous improvement of infrastructure maintenance activities.
Ability to communicate effectively in a Metro team environment is essential alongside the ability to be able to present at visualisations and performance meetings is essential, with metro values at the forefront of everything that they do.Main duties:
- Liaising between Infrastructure Production, Planning and Technical Departments regarding daily incident investigation and reporting.
- Liaise with other departments within the business, including Drivers, Operations and Rolling Stock.
- Review Daily Incidents for Infrastructure
- Prepare reports with appropriate engineering justification to enable Infrastructure incidents to be correctly allocated
- Able to conduct and lead Engineering reviews of Infrastructure failures in running and make appropriate determination of the root causes with the available information, including, procedures, investigation information, Vicers, ART, Condition monitoring data, CCTV and Radio Transcripts.
- Propose solutions to determine causes and factors alongside the Infrastructure Technical Teams, track and ensure implementation in agreed timeframes alongside Infrastructure Planning
- Provide Technical advice and response to questions on Infrastructure systems and performance to Snr managers, divisions and external parties.
- Prepare and evaluate submissions for engineering change, waivers, type tests, for Infrastructure systems with a performance and Technical focus of new and modified systems to ensure no detrimental performance impact from the change.
- Support the performance fault allocations through condition monitoring data analysis and technical reference point for Infrastructure failures.
- Encourage and contribute to the transformation, which is inclusive, agile, open, trusting and respectful
- Compile and complete monthly and daily performance reporting accurately and on time
- Identify performance trends, failure modes, quality defects on Infrastructure from performance data or Operations/Technical team reports/Passenger Experience reports
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to handover incidents, accept incidents and prepare reports to justify handovers as required.
- Prepare reports for DOT as required
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline is desirable
- Demonstrate experience in the introduction and management of major change projects
- Demonstrated experience in a project management environment
- Demonstrated experience in rail operations in a customer service environment
- Experience and knowledge of auditing processes
- Knowledge of Safe working practices and the operational requirements of the metropolitan rail system
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Please apply by following the prompts. Applications close 11.59pm, Sunday 31st January.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.