Chief Executive Officer
Advertiser: Ely Bauxite Mine Beneficiaries Corporation Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, CEO
Ely Chief Executive Officer (Weipa )
Ely Bauxite Mine Beneficiaries Corporation Pty Ltd (Ely) is looking for an outcomes‑driven and community focussed Chief Executive Officer.
Ely is the trustee of the Ely Trust and manages royalties received under the Ely Agreement with Rio Tinto.
Ely provides support for community projects and business development and invests money for the future.
In 2019 Ely established a new strategy endorsed by beneficiaries to secure the long-term future of the Ely Trust. The main role of the CEO is to implement that strategy.
Reporting to the Ely directors, the CEO will provide strategic direction, leadership, and management of Ely’s community, business development and investment objectives. The successful applicant will form strong alliances with business, community and government, assess potential projects and support funded projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong ability to effectively engage with communities and community representatives in various settings
- the ability to manage staff, and in particular Community Development Officers, and to assist them to develop their skills
- experience in senior leadership roles
- strong strategic, operational, financial and people management skills
- sound decision-making abilities.
A blue card and a “C” Class driver's licence are also essential.
The position is full-time for a term of three years. An attractive salary package commensurate with this position is offered, including the use of a vehicle. Assessments, including a police check, will be undertaken. To apply, please send a written application addressing the requirements of the role and a resume to Michael Neal at email@example.com or PO Box 2337 Cairns Qld 4870 to be received by no later than 5.00pm on Monday,1 February 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For the position description and further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a chief executive officer?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?