Noongar Regional Officer
Advertiser: South West Aboriginal Land and Sea CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Other
South West Aboriginal Land and Sea Council Aboriginal Corporation ICN 3832 (SWALSC) is the native title service provider to the Noongar people, the traditional owners of the south west of Western Australia. We work to progress the resolution of native title claims, while also advancing and strengthening Noongar culture, language, heritage and society.
SWALSC has an important role in the South West Native Title Settlement (SWNTS) with the Western Australian Government. The settlement resolves all native title claims in the south west of the state in exchange for around $1.3 billion in land and other benefits for Noongar people.
- Multiple positions available based in regional areas of the south west
- Work to deliver real benefits for Noongar people and communities
- Casual position, working up to 30hrs a week (subject to negotiation with the successful applicant)
- Annualised salary of $85,800 + 9.5% superannuation.
To be suitable for this role you will have the ability to engage constructively with and have a strong understanding of the Noongar community and its aspirations.
Under s.50D of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Aboriginality is considered an essential criterion. Noongar people are encouraged to apply. For further information and a copy of the job description contact Humanresources@noongar.org.au.
Applications and a CV must be submitted to Humanresources@noongar.org.au by 5.00pm on 29 January 2021.