Advertiser: Mainfreight3 out of 53.0 overall rating (55 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
With Teams and branches across Australia, NZ, USA, Asia, Europe and even Chile, Mainfreight continues to expand its global footprint and work towards our 100 year vision. Our Success is attributed to the calibre, dedication and passion of our Team members.
At Mainfreight we do not accept "average" and we are renowned for exceeding our Customers' Expectations and will continue to do so.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced energetic and enthusiastic team member to join our Operations Team on a casual basis, working on either our AM (3:30am - 1:00pm) or PM shift (PM: 11pm – 8.30pm). The main responsibilities are unloading / loading & freight checking for our local and interstate linehaul vehicles at our Canberra depot. The role requires people to be agile, adaptive and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with safety in mind at all times.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loading and Unloading Linehaul Units
- Loading and Unloading Local Pick-up and Delivery Trucks
- Manual sorting of parcels
- Checking freight in and out of the depot
- Manifesting of consignments
- Load Restraint
- General housekeeping duties
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in loading/unloading interstate/PUD trucks (not essential)
- Forklift licence
- Ability to sort freight by state and postcode
- Ability to make educated decisions in a fast paced environment
- Team focused and dedicated
- Must have a "Can do attitude"
- Job security
- Ongoing internal training
- Promote from within philosophy
- Annual salary reviews
- A great team environment and company culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you can make a difference, want to work for a Global business and want a career at Mainfreight then submit your cover letter and CV by clicking the "Apply" button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.