Advertiser: WAGMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
- Join a diverse, fast growing business
- Immediate start
- Permanent part time, 2 days per week
WAG is Australia’s natural dog treat company. Our mission is to treat every dog to good health, with a commitment to natural and sustainable approaches.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Controller and Accounts Manager, you will be a key member of the team, helping to ensure the accuracy, reliability, timeliness, efficiency, and integrity of our accounts function.
This role is ideal for recent graduates or professionals returning to the workforce and seeking work/life balance.
- Processing high volume accounts payable entries.
- Reconciling supplier accounts.
- Liaising with suppliers regarding invoice queries.
- Liaising with Sales and the Accounts Manager for rebate and commission reconciliations.
- Reconciling of all Balance Sheet accounts.
- Daily cash flow reporting.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset registers.
- Providing back up support to the Accounts Manager for payroll processing.
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties directed by the Financial Controller.
- Recently completed a Diploma or Degree in Business, Commerce or Accounting, or related field.
- Experience in an accounting/bookkeeping role. However, other relevant employment experiences will be considered.
- Have intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Familiar with ERP principles.
- Experience with Xero Accounting Software Program or similar.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team focused approach.
- Work autonomously and own your role.
- Be proactive, able to identify issues and opportunities to make improvements.
- Ability to work with conflicting deadlines and competing demands.
- Be well organised with excellent time management skills.
- A positive attitude and great willingness to learn.
- A friendly and welcoming team environment.
- Work / Life balance.
- On the job training and support to ensure your success.
- A rewarding and challenging career move, with clear opportunities to make a difference.
- Competitive salary package. (pro -rata)
If this sounds like the role for you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we respectfully advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and we encourage you to submit your application without delay.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a qualification in accounting?