Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Systems Officer
Advertiser: Wagga Wagga City Council3.3571 out of 53.4 overall rating (14 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a focused and committed individual looking for an opportunity to provide quality Information Technology network and system administration services to all users across Council.
What we will offer you:
- Term contract until May 2021
- Remuneration of $2,537.82 gpf + superannuation
Your new role:
This position is responsible for working as part of the Information Technology Team in the provision of quality Information Technology network and system administration services to all users across Council.
Duties of this position will include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance and support of Council’s IT infrastructure including (but not limited to) server, storage, network, communications, security, backup, disaster recovery and CCTV environments;
- Manage LAN\WAN environment and investigate and troubleshoot issues;
- Ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of the systems and compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, including privacy and financial industry regulations; and
- Accurately maintain system documentation including change requests, technical and user guides, hardware and software asset and configuration registers, problem and resolution knowledge bases, and documentation produced during the system life cycle.
What you will need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or industry certificates relevant to the role (Desirable);
- Current Class C Driver’s licence;
- Minimum 3 years solid experience working as a Systems Administrator within a Microsoft AD network environment (VMware, IIS, WSUS, SQL, Hyper-V, Exchange, O365 and Datacentre servers) WSUS or Windows patching; and
- High level proficiency in the support of various IT hardware and software environments. Windows server 2008 -2016, WSUS server.
What is next?
Applications close Monday, 1 February 2021 @ 11:59pm AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 8 February 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruit.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs/
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Vanesa Mlinaric on 02 6926 9224.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.