Senior Human Resources Advisor
Advertiser: Westrac2.9536 out of 53.0 overall rating (280 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Other
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR – Tomago
About the role
As the Senior HR Advisor you will draw on your previous experience in building strong, trusted partnerships to develop an understanding of business priorities. In this critical and influential role, you will coach and advise leaders in the business to help improve their own performance and effectiveness, and that of our people.
As a senior member of the People and Culture team you will partner with operational areas of the business including local and regional branches to deliver key projects and initiatives by providing strategic support to leaders on processes, develop people and talent plans, performance management, workforce planning, organisational development and culture change.
This role will shape and deliver the organisation’s Human Resources strategy to support the achievement of the broader business goals and optimise the performance of team members. This will give an experienced and motivated Senior HR professional the opportunity for career progression.
- Employee engagement
- Assessing risk and mitigation strategies
- Building leadership capabilities
- Provide strategic advice and courageously challenge the status quo in service of overall business needs
- Talent and performance management
- Define and prioritise strategic people plans, including capability building
- L&D support and implementation
- Organisational development initiatives
- Application of WesTrac’s remuneration strategy
Skills & Experience
The essential criteria required to apply for this role will include:
- Tertiary qualifications within the field of Human Resources or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ previous experience in a similar HR Advisory capacity
- Comprehensive knowledge, understanding and ability to interpret legislation, awards, industrial instruments, policies and procedures relevant to HR best practice
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills to effectively resolve issues in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Previous experience in HR policy and procedure writing in accordance to legislative requirements
- Previous experience in delivering generalist support in an operational environment
- Success Factors and SAP experience
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job number: 879206.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.