Information Technology Coordinator
Advertiser: Wagga Wagga City Council3.3571 out of 53.4 overall rating (14 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Team Leaders
Wagga Wagga City Council is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual for the position of Information Technology Coordinator.
What we will offer you:
- Commencing salary at $3,538.68 gpf with the opportunity to progress to $4,246.42 gpf + superannuation.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Hours Agreement.
Your new role:
The Information Technology Coordinator is responsible for managing the provision and enhancement of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure to the organisation and will lead the Information Technology Team in the delivery of a comprehensive and competent IT service management function.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage the efficient and effective operation of communication technologies including server, storage, security, backup and recovery, network (local and wide), desktop support (PC, laptop and mobile), licensing and knowledge base.
- Provide strategic and operational development, support and monitoring of the ICT service desk, communications and systems.
- Oversee the delivery of IT projects using Council’s project management methodology, including project scoping and estimate preparation.
- Oversee Council’s Cyber Security strategy and environment, ensuring systems and processes are secure, regularly audited and reviewed in line with the evolving threat landscape.
- Assist to develop and implement ICT plans and strategies to meet business needs, enhance stakeholder engagement, and challenge and motivate providers to optimise service outcomes to enhance sustainable ICT throughout the Council.
What you will need to succeed:
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or post graduate qualifications relating to Information Technology;
- A Project Management Certification (Desirable);
- Substantial work experience relevant to the role including the management of complex ICT projects that demonstrate utilisation of key skills associated with your recognised project management certifications, such as time management, planning, financial, and administrative skills; and
- Demonstrated leadership experience including the ability to innovate, provide direction, mentor and support a multi-disciplinary team of people working in a highly visible area requiring high quality results often within tight timeframes, while maintaining a positive team culture.
What is next?
Applications close Sunday, 14 February 2021 @ 11:59pm AEST with interviews to be held in the week commencing Monday, 22 February 2021.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruit.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs/
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Reece Hamblin on 02 6926 9243.
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Council is an inclusive employer. We strive to reflect the community in which we work, as a result we welcome and encourage applications from skilled people from all walks of life. This includes women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse people, people with a disability, sexually and gender diverse people, people with lived experience and people of all ages.