Veteran Services Manager
Advertiser: Gympie RSLMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Management
The Returned & Services League of Australia (Queensland Branch) Gympie Sub Branch Inc (Gympie RSL Sub Branch) is an autonomous charity that owns and operates all assets at 217 Mary Street, Gympie, including the Gympie RSL Club. These operations are solely aimed at providing funding for veteran wellbeing, and assistance to the Gympie community.
The Gympie RSL Sub Branch is governed by a board of up to 10 elected members which in turn controls two distinct activities:
- The commercial operation of the Club, and
- The provision of Veteran wellbeing.
The Wellbeing arm of operations is headed by a Veteran Services Manager (VSM) who also answers directly to the Board.
Gympie RSL Sub-Branch is committed to the ongoing support of current and former members of the Australian Defence Force. The Veteran Services Manager (VSM) will be required to manage all activities within the Wellbeing area of the Gympie RSLA Sub-Branch including:
- Provide overall direction and management of support services for all veterans.
- Manage Wellbeing staff and volunteers.
- Manage commemorative and social events, such as Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and other veteran gatherings.
- Establish and maintain monuments and memorials.
- Establish and maintain Wellbeing plans, policies and procedures.
- Comply with relevant statutory bodies.
- Provide support to other local sub-branches and chapters within the HUB
- Maintain an efficient file and records system for all Wellbeing activities
- Communicate effectively with the Board, League members and Club staff.
- Provide reports to the Board as required.
- Oversee the publication of frequent member newsletters
- Oversee the publication of an annual social calendar
- Source training opportunities for staff and volunteers including Board members.
The VSM will have direct supervision of the Advocates, the Administrative Officer, the Veteran Support Officer and various volunteers.
Attributes and Qualifications
- Excellent leadership skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Highly developed negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong background in the military environment (a ex-service member, family of an ex-service member or having worked very closely with service personnel)
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff including volunteers
- Demonstrated time management skills in managing competing demands and being productive under pressure
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy.
Applications close end of business 12th February 2021. Email resume and cover letter to Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed].
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service manager?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience in administration?