Legal Assistant - Banking & Finance
Advertiser: CornwallsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
Cornwalls is one of Australia’s oldest and most respected independent law firms. We are multidisciplinary, dynamic and innovative. We offer a full range of commercial law services and have offices in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We place great value on our people and take pride in our culture. Clients have entrusted us with their business since 1891. We are commercially astute, innovative and trusted advisors. We represent a broad array of corporations, family offices and high net worth individuals. Our clients are represented in every major industry. Our lawyers are thought leaders in legal issues critical to their areas of expertise. Our clients are integral to our firm. We work hard to understand their needs. Each client is distinct and we provide unique and dynamic solutions to ensure our approach works for them.
About the role
Due to growth, we are seeking an experienced legal assistant to support operators in our Banking & Finance team. As a national law firm, we pride ourselves on our reputation and supportive environment. Talent, culture and empowerment are words used to describe who we are. Come on board, make your mark, embrace culture and innovation and become part of the fabric that makes us Cornwalls.
Reporting to the Practice Group Leader of the group, your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Digital dictation
- General correspondence
- Preparing large commercial documents, marking up and amending where necessary
- Diary management of the lawyers you are supporting
- File management
- General administration duties as required
- Liaison with clients and external parties
Skills and experience
This is no ordinary legal assistant role. It’s a role that will be the next step for you in your career. You will be ambitious, focused and have the tenacity to deal with certain matters on your own, to ensure the lawyer’s workload is prioritised. You will be one step ahead, be proactive and ensure that tasks are done, without being asked to complete them. To be successful, you will need to have:
- At least five years’ experience in corporate/commercial or banking and finance
- Solid Microsoft office skills
- Fast and accurate typing speed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A desire to continue building your legal support career
- A commitment to working in this area of law
What we offer
Cornwalls has a rich history dating back to 1891. We are defined by our heritage and values demonstrated by our founders. As a multidisciplinary practice, with talent and culture being the cornerstone pillar to our business strategy, we provide staff with opportunities to always learn and grow. In addition, we have:
- Flexible working arrangements and work life balance
- Continuous learning and development programs
- Regular social events
- Group sporting events
- A fun, relaxed and enjoyable workplace, where everyone will know your name
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and cv to email@example.com. For more information or a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Tania Cipriano, Talent & Culture Advisor on 03 9608 2261. For more information about Cornwalls, please visit our website www.cornwalls.com.au
Applications from Recruitment Agencies not briefed on this role, will not be accepted for this advertised position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a legal assistant?
- Which of the following legal practice management software do you have experience with?
- Do you have secretarial experience?