Junior Producer (2D Animation) - Immediate Start
Advertiser: VidicoMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
If you delight in 2D Animation, clean UI design, and take pride in stellar project management across unique creative and content projects — this is the role for you.
We’re looking for a well-rounded 2D Animation Producer with an eye for detail, strong creative drive, and stellar organisational skills — to join our fast-growing team at Vidico.
You’ll be working as a key part of our dedicated in-house production team of designers, animators and editors.
You'll be teaming up with some of the very best talent in video production, creative and animation in the country; from explainer video projects, to commercials viewed by millions.
A team player who can successfully collaborate with many different teams and colleagues is mandatory; an excellent listener who is calm under pressure is what we're looking for.
The role is full-time, and will be from our very own office in Collingwood, Melbourne.
The role of 2D Animation Producer requires the chosen candidate to display a proven track record of delivering quality explainer videos, commercials, and animated video to clients.
Qualified applicants will be managing multiple projects simultaneously and knowledge of production techniques, schedules, budgets must also be demonstrated in previous working positions. The ideal applicant will also be the first point of contact with some of our clients — candidates will need to have both clear and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Why Join Vidico?
- You’re working with seriously sought-after video content for some of the coolest and greatest companies on the planet; we're the makers of the Koala, Temple & Webster, and Square ads that you see on TV.
- See your impact. From TV campaigns to some of Australia's more passionate not-for-profits, we're working to make complexity disappear through video.
- Training and full support. We take training seriously and will provide you with all the processes, playbooks, learnings, recordings, and tutorials you’ll need to achieve success.
- Competitive salary. We want Australia's best talent and reward as such.
- Central office. We've got a stunning office in Collingwood, 5-mins walk from Smith Street.
- Young and vibrant team of the country's most switched-on video producers. We’re a tight group of 16 but we have an international reputation for what we do.
- An exciting time. We're growing fast, and are adding another 10 employees to our headcount this year.
You’ll be working with our production team on the following:
- Working on production scheduling for our clients.
- Communicating with Vidico suppliers and stakeholders in order to produce projects effectively.
- Producing creative design assets for animation; hence a background in UI/UX design would be highly favoured.
- Organising pre-production elements such as scripts, storyboards, illustrators and animators.
- Ensuring project delivery times are maintained and kept on track.
- Working creatively to present solutions that are innovative and resourceful.
- Idea generation for creative concepts.
- Maintaining and surpassing existing production standards set in Vidico’s current portfolio.
- Calmness under pressure, consistency, and attention to detail are highly important attributes that will be required for this role’s success.
The chosen candidate should also have a very genuine interest and appreciation for storytelling, as this is at the heart of what we bring to the commercial content space.
Skills and Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years experience in a design or video producer role.
- Ideally a Bachelors degree in design, communication, video or multimedia.
- An excellent sense of trends and style; you're on Behance and Dribbble often, and you know what's considered fresh.
- Excellent spoken and written communication; this is at the heart of how our team functions, and why our clients love us.
- Highly organised and process-driven; you need to consider yourself a pro in this area.
- Confident in setting and managing client expectations.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and AfterEffects) is essential.
- Figma or Sketch proficiency is also preferred but not essential.
If you're coming from a pure animation background, we're of course open to discussion; please note however that the ideal candidate must have a very keen eye for design.
You can get a good idea of our vibe, team and culture from our company video: https://vidico.com/our-videos/?industry=&type=brand-videos#the-vidico-story [link removed]
We move quick. Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven't been invited via email to schedule an interview with us 7 business days after submitting your application, unfortunately you haven't been successful this time around. Applicants that do not include a cover letter will not be considered — so please, write one and articulate why you'd like to work with us. We’re really looking forward to meeting you.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?