Registered Nurse - Post Graduate Transition to Practice Program
Advertiser: Bushland Health Group4.4 out of 54.4 overall rating (5 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Not-for-profit salary sacrifice and tax benefits.
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Aged Care
About us – Who are we?
Bushland Health Group Limited is a long standing, community based, not for profit provider of residential aged care in the Manning Valley, on the mid north coast of NSW. We are the largest provider in the area and deliver best practice aged care to 269 residents across 3 homes.
About the Program – What is our aim?
Bushland Health Group’s Registered Nurse Transition Program has been introduced to offer newly graduated Registered Nurses a position within our organisation. We believe that care of the aged and disabled are specialties in their own right, where multi-disciplinary, high quality care is delivered professionally with compassion, understanding and integrity. We believe that each resident has unique biological, psychological, social and spiritual needs and the right to choose how those needs are met, thus enabling them to live their lives to the fullest and as independently as possible. We also believe in investing in the future of the aged care industry and developing first class clinicians and leaders who specialize in caring for older people
By participating in the program, you will not only develop your skills and confidence in caring holistically for older Australians but become part of a strong working and caring team who provide the highest level of residential aged care services in the Manning Valley.
About the Role – What will you do?
The program will be conducted over a 12-month program with the potential to gain a permanent position at the completion.
You will be supported and empowered by our clinical staff that includes Registered Nurses, Nurse Educator and Nurse Practitioner to provide safe, innovative efficient and evidence-based nursing practice throughout your first year of practice.
The program will be focused around the care and treatment of older people living in residential aged care, who often have multiple comorbidities and include:
- Diabetic Management
- Wound Care
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Dementia Care
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory Disease
Skills and Experience – What do you need?
- A Registered Nurse, with current AHPRA registration
- Flexible availability to work morning and afternoon shifts
- Commitment to contemporary aged care practice with an understanding of the principles of person-centred care and dementia practice
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
Benefits and Perks – Why work with us?
- Not-for-profit salary sacrifice and tax-free benefits
- Employee assistance program (EAP) to promote positive employee well being
- Full time, part time and casual opportunities available
- Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Bushland Health Group Limited, NSWNA and HSU NSW Enterprise Agreement 2017-2020
Still Interested – How do you apply?
Submit your resume and cover letter addressing the above skills and experience required for the role.
Applications close: Friday, 12 February 2021
Enquiries to: Rachael Diggs
Phone: 02 6592 0006
Post: Bushland Health Group Limited
PO Box 950
Taree NSW 2430
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a registered nurse?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the residential aged care accreditation standards?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?