Advertiser: RDA VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Jan 2021
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Administration Officer (Intermediate to Senior)
Hours: 3 days per week – 9am to 5pm (Mon – Wed – Friday) potential to increase
To enable people with disabilities throughout Victoria to experience enjoyment, challenge and a sense of achievement through participation in equestrian activities to improve their quality of life, attain personal goals and develop life skills.
State Office Work Environment:
The state office of Riding for the Disabled Association Victoria has a small staff which provides support to centres and volunteers around the state. These services include some of the following;
- Rider registration and advocacy
- Volunteer registration and resources
- Coach training, mentoring and support
- Competition and other event opportunities for riders
- Regulatory compliance (GST, insurances, accounts, Workcover, audits etc)
- Risk management
Administration - Key Areas of Responsibility:
- First point of contact for the public and respond to general enquiries over the phone or by email
- Assisting with basic reception duties, filing, photocopying, stationary ordering etc as directed by the Executive Officer.
- Undertake data collection and data entry and ensure databases and spreadsheets are updated and maintained including but not limited to Rider, Volunteer, Centre Committee of Management and Donor databases
- Create queries and export reports from our CRM system to centres, staff and board members.
- Demonstrate involvement in improving systems and performance of the administration of the organisation.
- Maintain the waiting list.
- Process payments by credit card for events, clients and membership registration.
- Accounts receivable/payable and associated invoicing/receipting
- Corresponding with Centres, Committees, Volunteers and Riders
- Assisting the Executive Officer with preparation and documentation for monthly Board meetings and The AGM
- Assisting the Executive Office and State Coaching Coordinator with event and project management
- Maintaining Website and social media
- Collating articles for, producing and disseminating the monthly newsletter
Qualifications & Selection Criteria:
- Diploma or relevant tertiary qualifications for the role
- Previous experience in an intermediate/senior administrative role
- The ability to develop processes and systems
- Outstanding organisation, prioritising and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work well within a small team.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Canva, Etapestry and other software packages would be an advantage
- Experience in Database management
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to use initiative and anticipate needs
- Have experience working in the not for profit sector or member based organisation (desirable)
- Knowledge of the equestrian sector (desirable but not essential).
- Have an Employee Working with Children Check
- All criminal history checks are mandatory and must return a positive notice
Note: Please send your resume and cover letter through Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have experience in administration?