JP Flynn Builders is an Australian owned company that has been primarily focused on the provision of competitive, high volume and high quality domestic insurance repairs for over 35 years. With the support of Australia's largest personal insurers, we are seeking to grow even further in 2021.
This growth has presented an exciting opportunity for a Construction Estimator / Supervisor to join our Tasmanian Team based out of Hobart servicing the Southern Region of Tasmania.
You'll be responsible for:
- Providing accurate scope of works, policy coverage determinations and costings for assessed damages
- Liaising with and in certain cases assisting various trades
- Conducting onsite measurements, take offs and ordering appropriate materials
- Liaising with customers, insurance assessors and loss adjusters and building managers
- Providing project specific updates and reporting to key internal stakeholders.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing high quality assessments and accurate costings
- Overseeing and accountability of project cost management and outcomes
- Assisting and directing a diverse trade base on varying sized projects
- Establishing and building excellent relationships between JP Flynn, our customers, trade contractors and suppliers
- Working with your team to plan, deliver and assess projects to achieve high quality and deliver to meet set deadlines.
- Assisting with the delivery of the project plans to achieve both the strategic goals of JP Flynn and our customer's rebuilding needs
- Coordinate and provide project specific updates and reports to key stakeholders regarding variations and rectification management.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in the building/construction sector
- Exposure to restoration techniques would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Experience overseeing and/or supervising a team of multi-skilled building trades would be preferred.
- Excellent time management, reporting and communication skills
In this position you must:
- Be an effective communicator, who can professionally represent our long established building group
- Possess a real passion for the Construction industry and eager to learn new construction methodologies
- Genuinely care about client and customer service.
Please submit your CV and Cover letter via SEEK
- How many years of estimating experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.