Senior Web Application Developer
Advertiser: FirmCheckerMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Jan 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
While we are flexible about work arrangements, and you will primarily work from home, we require our candidate to be based in or close to greater Sydney or Melbourne.
We’re one of Australia’s top professional services tech start-ups, punching above our weight in brand recognition. This is partly due to our exceptional network, advisory board and household-name partnerships; and partly due to a serious market need for our product.
Our mission is to make professional services easy, accessible and transparent. Think of us as TripAdvisor for lawyers and accountants.
You're a senior web application developer with 5+ years experience, excited to join an early-stage enterprise and help shape its direction.
To succeed, it won't be enough to be technically excellent: you will need to think like an entrepreneur and play a major role in leading the development team, and working with other team leaders.
In effect, you'll be our lead developer, and have the chance to call the shots.
Your technical experience
- Serverless computing (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- Containers (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, EKS etc)
- Transitioning from legacy codebases to modern technologies
- Marketing automation and CRM technologies
- MVC applications
- Development, DevOps or Rapid Response team leadership
Your personal attributes
- Experienced and efficient remote worker
- Self-starter who finds own answers to technical problems
- Enjoy collaborating with others
- Good communication skills (must have native-level English proficiency)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Motivated by the entrepreneurial side of web application development
- Understand and take pride in creating great user experiences
How you will contribute
To make a difference at FirmChecker, you will:
- Steer its technical direction, ensuring the platform is scalable and user-friendly
- Work directly with the CEO to lead the technical team
- Mentor junior developers
- Follow agile principles and use test-driven development
- Adhere to industry design patterns, application architectures and best practices
- Lead code reviews
By performing these tasks, you will:
- Successfully deliver of FirmChecker’s product roadmap and sprints,
- Implement a well-considered and sustainable technical directions,
- Improve FirmChecker's UX to help drive our commercial goals,
- Anticipate, strategise for, and respond to technical issues, problems and hurdles, and
- Manage stakeholder expectations, teamwork organisational skills, project management approaches and cohesive work habits.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a web app development role
- Experience in building and operating applications on AWS
- Experience with MySQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong capabilities in React.js
Competitive salary plus incentives (skin in the game)
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an applications developer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires PHP development experience?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.