Drainage Engineer - Junior to Mid Level
Advertiser: Afflux ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Jan 2021
- Yarra Valley & High Country
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Environmental Engineering
Afflux Consulting is a young and dynamic consultancy with a passion for stormwater management. Based in Belgrave, the Afflux team relishes the local community and appreciates the tranquillity of a non-city based office but still has strong connections to the broader stormwater industry.
The Afflux team are considered experts in the fields of 2 dimensional flood modelling, water quality modelling, strategy, advisory, stormwater design, WSUD, waterway management and drainage design. The team have presented at numerous water conferences over the last 10 years and are well known for their technical ability and communication skills. It’s also worth mentioning there are two past presidents and the current Stormwater Victoria President in the team. No where else will you get that experience and exposure.
Being a small team, we offer each member the opportunity to work across the entire business from small models to large, from project management to design. We operate on a pretty flat organisational structure that ensures everyone has access to our Principals and all phases of a project. We have a strong pipeline of work and need another set of hands to meet demand.
We are looking for a junior to mid-level engineer to join our team and work across a variety of stormwater projects. The position includes the following opportunities:
- Site investigations for new projects and carrying out investigations and inspections on existing drainage assets and waterways
- Undertaking hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for flood studies and future drainage infrastructure using the latest software
- Assisting in the development of strategies and provide engineering solutions for improved drainage outcomes
- Work from strategy and feasibility through to detailed design of stormwater infrastructure.
- Work with both private sector and government stakeholders
- Operate within an integrated team with easy access to Principals and a team respected by the broader industry
- Genuinely flexible work environment including both a home office setup to work from home and in office space to suit your working style. You will be provided with a laptop and access to our suite of crunchers to undertake your modelling from wherever you are.
- Motivated and passionate about improving the health of our waterways
- 2-8 years experience as engineer in the stormwater industry or development sector
- Experience with relevant computer modelling packages TUFLOW and QGIS (or other GIS Software) is essential
- Experience in HECRAS, DRAINS, XP STORM, ACAD, 12D, GoldSim or MUSIC would be advantageous
- Experience using rainfall and runoff data (ARR2019) for drainage designs & modelling
- Experience in flood analysis, solution finding and mitigation
- Experience in preparing technical reports to suit planning applications and future design
- A tertiary degree in environmental or civil engineering
Send through your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you want to work with Afflux to apply. References will only contacted once shortlisted.
No agencies at this point please, only direct applicants need apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?