Feedmill Supervisor/Leading Hand
Advertiser: Tattarang Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Feb 2021
- Northam & Wheatbelt
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
Harvest Road Group is part of Tattarang, one of Australia’s largest private investment groups. We are an agricultural investment business with a growing portfolio of fine food brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout the vertically integrated beef business.
About the job….
We are currently seeking driven and energetic Feed Mill Supervisor, to lead a team to plan, produce and distribute sustainable stock feed across the 3751 ha feeding facility. Our Koojan Downs feeding facility in Moora, WA will be the State’s largest feeding facility and is designed to supply Harvest Road’s processing facility, Harvey Beef.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Always demonstrate commitment to safe working practices and animal welfare
- Lead a team of 7-8 members and weekly planning of activities
- Follow industry best practice to minimise risk to the health of livestock
- Coordinate with management to ensure mill and feeding operations are run efficiently to optimise feed intake, maximise production and minimise operating costs
- Ensure facility hygiene and maintenance programs in order to maximise efficiency
- Report to management any staffing or production issues in a timely manner
- Ensure the mill team maintains a high level of quality control in accordance with quality management standards implemented by the company
- Work as part of a middle management team to achieve common production targets on daily basis
- Perform other tasks and duties as required from time to time as required by the needs of the business.
This role would suit someone who is has worked in a lead role within a feed mill, or someone that is ready to take the next step into a supervisory position and wants to be part of a great team culture.
- Previous experience in a lead role in a stock feed environment
- Strong focus on safety, animal welfare and bio-security standards
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Be flexible in working hours, including weekend work
- Physically fit to meet the inherent requirements of the role, including manual handling tasks
- Hold a current driver’s license
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording data
- Moderate computer skills
- Motivated, hard-working and willing to help create a unique team culture from scratch
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
What’s in it for you?
You will become an integral part of a progressive business, with a strong commitment to Australian Agriculture. The business endeavours to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities available for successful candidates with the right attitude.
If you are keen to join one of Western Australia largest agricultural businesses press apply or email your CV to email@example.com
Harvest Road embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity. We actively encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, and those with Disability to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.