We are currently seeking a Work Health Safety Officer to join our Civil Construction team. The successful applicant must be a Darwin based applicant.
The successful applicant will be responsible for hands on support to the civil project team and be able to provide a practical approach and recommendations relating to the Work Health Safety and compliance for the project.
Selection criteria for this role will be based on:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the civil construction industry and have sound knowledge and best work practices of the industry and work health safety and management systems
- Having obtained a Certificate IV Occupational Health & Safety (essential) and a Certificate IV Workplace Training & Assessment (desirable)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Work Health & Safety National Uniform Legislation Act & Regulations (essential)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of AS/ANZ 4801 Occupational Health & Safety management system (essential)
- Sound knowledge of the Office of the Federal Safety Commission “OFSC” Criteria (desirable)
- Sound knowledge of Office365 Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge of MYOSH or a similar Health and Safety Management system
- Excellent time management, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to participate as an effective member of a profession team, be able to work independently, proactively and ability to meet reporting deadlines
- A current Drivers Licence
- A current First Aid & CPR
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol Certification (preferred but not essential)
If you believe you have the skills and knowledge to satisfy the above criteria, please ensure that you apply via this SEEK ad.
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- How many years of auditing experience do you have?
- Do you have experience working on civil infrastructure projects?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.