Accounts Payable Officer
Advertiser: MLG Oz Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Feb 2021
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Payable
About the Business
Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, with operational satellite locations across regional Australia, MLG’s business has grown over the last 19 years to employ more than 700 employees and contractors across 20 sites. MLG operates a modern fleet of on and off-road bulk haulage equipment, crushing and screening plant and earthmoving fleet, all maintained to the highest standard on site and in Kalgoorlie. MLG prides itself on being a contractor of choice and an industry leader, with its core focus positioned around delivering tailored mining services solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Depending on your home location you could be eligible for remote housing benefits
- Corporate Superannuation plan with discounted administration fees
- Long term PERMANENT full-time positions
MLG Oz are seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join the Finance Team at our head office in Kalgoorlie.
Reporting to the Finance Management Team, this position is:
- Residential Kalgoorlie
- 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday with flexible working hours between 7.00am to 6.00pm
- Permanent full-time position
Job tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely receipting of invoices and confirmation of delivery of goods for a number of MLG sites
- Ensure all information entered into Pronto systems as per MLG policies
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to follow up any invoice disputes to achieve positive outcomes.
- Proactive account management.
- Three-way purchase order matching.
- Set up of new suppliers.
- Perform supplier reconciliations and liaise internally & externally.
- To assist with a variety of duties including maintenance of systems, purchase order management and process improvements.
- Any other duties as directed by the Finance Management Team
Skills and experience
To be successful in your application, you will need the following attributes:
- Previous experience in the mining environment an advantage
- Computer literate and skilled in MS Suite
- Advanced Excel skills an advantage (VLookup, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and be able to build and maintain professional relationships.
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of quality service
- Pronto Experience an advantage
What’s on Offer
- Being a valued and integral part of the Finance team
- A fantastic opportunity to work for a leader in our industry
- Family orientated atmosphere
- Job security and long-term employment
- Access to training plans and training opportunities
- Being part of a team leading change throughout the business
- Flexible working conditions
Does this sound like you? To take the next step in your career, click the ‘Apply’ button below. Please ensure you include an updated resume with contactable references with your application.
Alternatively, if you would like more information contact Human Resources on (08) 9022 7746 / email@example.com
As a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, MLG respects and embrace people from all walks of life. We strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.