Principal AWS DevOps Consultant - high profile role
Advertiser: Hostopia AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Feb 2021
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
About Hostopia Australia
Hostopia Australia is a managed and professional services provider, with offices in Sydney and Melbourne. We have a passion for delivering transformational customer projects across application architecture, modernisation, and DevOps; we are in search of our next team member to drive exceptional customer outcomes.
We are also the largest web hosting Company in Australia, providing fast, secure, stable solutions enabling the success of personal websites through to some the most visited online businesses. Our brands include: Anchor, Digital Pacific, Crucial, Web24 and Panthur.
Our rapid rise has been achieved through a mix of targeted acquisitions and deliberate organic activities. Our challenge through this exceptional growth period is to find ways to excel in Operational Effectiveness and Drive & Deliver Adaptable Business Outcomes through Focused Product Development and Management by Constructively Analysing Customer Feedback and Market Data.
We are Customer Centric Employees that are Mindful and Capable. At the forefront of the industry, we are looking to embrace a Unified approach and Open Communications to find Innovative ways to solve problems and respond quickly to our customers’ needs. We would like to embrace the benefits of Genuinely efficient and effective processes; so, we are looking to invest in long-term solutions that will empower our employees to assist the business in creating a co-operative and positive workplace.
We want to continue to evolve by providing a breadth of web hosting solutions directly or indirectly aligned to our products; with the aim to make smart decisions that enable us to change course and adapt to the changes across the web hosting market globally, to deliver the best products to Australia and the APAC region.
We expect our people to:
Exceed Expectations: Exceed Expectations by doing what you promised better and faster than you said you would.
Make Complex Simple: Simplify the convoluted through astute solutions, understood terminologies and effective explanations. That’s what makes you smart!
Give Credit to Others, Be Accountable: Influence the actions of others by giving credit and inspire by being accountable.
Be Bold, Be Involved, Be First, Set the Standards You Want to See: Have the courage and initiative to lead, and encourage positive and productive behaviour through example and influence.
We're a diverse group of helpful people ranging from the die-hard tech-heads to the visionary creatives, and we don't mess around; we know where we're gonna play and how we're gonna win!
As our Principal AWS DevOps Consultant you will be a key member of the engineering team taking lead on engagements focused purely on the AWS technology stack. If you would describe yourself as an executer, a learner and a thought leader, have a strong focus on delivering innovative solutions and value to your clients, this is a highly technical, hands on keyboards role. Specific skills you have are:
- Hands-on design and implementation of automation pipelines in AWS
- Develop application and integration components in AWS - particularly with a Cloud Native approach
- Containerisation of applications
- Promote DevOps best practices and a DevOps culture
- Liaise with customers and understand their needs and requirements
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Working with the delivery & architecture team to identify and develop re-usable patterns that can be used in a service catalogue
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with other engineers and stakeholders
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience implementing solutions using AWS CloudFormation, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Terraform and Docker
- Hands-on experience writing AWS Lambdas with Python is a must!
- Ideally experience with the AWS API-Gateway and StepFunctions
- Experience with Landing Zones and complex multi-account deployments.
- Ideally AWS Control Tower experience
- Familiar with the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Ideally AWS DevOps Engineer Professional certification
- Experience with common application patterns, tools, and frameworks
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ideally a software development background with professional services experience
Be the next big thing in our business! Bring on the DevOps skills and show how delivery and implementation should be done!
Very competitive salary on offer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and a number of fantastic benefits available.
This is a permanent role - contract not considered
To apply for this position, you must be an Australian Citizen or hold the right to work in Australia.
No third parties please.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a devops engineer?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a DevOps role?
- Which of the following configuration management tools are you experienced with?
Report this job advert
Learn how to protect yourself here.